Federal 171.6875

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I threw the "Justice - 25 Cities Interoperability Project" channels into a bank on my R8600. I've had sporadic clear P25 comms.

Today in the recordings I had a female dispatcher (TG1 RID 1) saying:
"SILLICANT (sounds like) 28 you're on NISPERN"

I tried googling for NISPERN with no joy - I assume N stands for National but apart from that I'm lost.

I can upload the recording somewhere if anyone is interested.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I'm aware of ISPERN but it's pronounced EYE-SPERN not NIH-SPERN. Definite difference.

That was my first thought too, since I live just across the border from Illinois.

Thank you though I appreciate it.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know the freqs were still active for that system. Does anyone know if they still conduct the federal roll call on Wednesday's?
TONS of crypto on those freqs as well as some others I found with just a search in the fed band.

west-pac

NESPERN is referenced in this thread.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber

Thank you kind sir. More reading to do.

Lots of testing in the clear this morning on this channel which is CG-COMMAND CENTRAL. The same group is testing on the MABAS TRT talkgroup. They mentioned a 800Mhz repeater also but not sure of the frequency in use

ecps92

The NESPERN you reference is a local Mutual Aid Network for a region within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. (Wrong Area Code)

ecps92

Lots of testing in the clear this morning on this channel which is CG-COMMAND CENTRAL. The same group is testing on the MABAS TRT talkgroup. They mentioned a 800Mhz repeater also but not sure of the frequency in use
Have you heard any of the other DOJ 25 City channels active during the testing in the Chicago area?

Uusually testing with patches, outside of the Roll Calls. is indicative of a pending event (Marathon, Parade, Protests, raids etc)

They are doing testing in a multi story building. Mention of seating areas and restricted areas. One unit was told to go lock his radio on to another site and was advised to go outside so the radio could get a lock on the site. Then he mentioned that he was going out to Lasalle St.

ecps92

They are doing testing in a multi story building. Mention of seating areas and restricted areas. One unit was told to go lock his radio on to another site and was advised to go outside so the radio could get a lock on the site. Then he mentioned that he was going out to Lasalle St.
first guess was going to be PREP for Chicago DNC 2024 - Our Future Is Created Here but Lasalle would be City Hall, and even for this tourist, to far away

Premises2972

I didn't know the freqs were still active for that system. Does anyone know if they still conduct the federal roll call on Wednesday's?
Yes very active, and the roll call is at wednesdays at 10AM, almost nobody participates.

I regularly monitor this channel. It is ISPERN, since this is sometimes patched to ISPERN. I have heard one full ISPERN announcement on this frequency