FedEx (Dallas-Fort Worth Area) CON+

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I noticed recently that the information for the FedEx (Dallas-Fort Worth Area) CON+ system appears to be completely wrong for the sites.

The license associated with both the DFW Airport and Alliance Airport sites, WNVQ232, shows completely different frequencies than what is currently reported in the database.

I also noticed that the frequencies for the Alliance Airport site are the same as the DFW Airport site on the FCC license. But the only talkgroups that show up are for DFW Airport (TGs 1 and 2, according to the database and based off the traffic I was able to hear) so this does not appear to be a simulcast system.

Anyone else have any info to include before I submit this change to the database?

This is what I've found so far:
Site 4 (DFW Airport)
939.725 CC7 LCN 1
939.675 CC7 LCN 2
939.6625 CC7 LCN 3
939.65 CC7 LCN 4
939.6375 CC7 LCN 5

Last edited:

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I am the original submitter of the FedEx system back in May 2021. Looking at the license, they got the 5 new frequencies in August 2021, and then deleted the old frequencies in July 2022. Most likely part of the Anterix rebanding.

With me being work from home, I'm no longer in range of the DFW Site on a daily basis (and I didn't take my mobile monitoring rig with me a few weeks ago to the Alliance area), but what you have so far makes sense. The Alliance site also appears to have the same 5 frequencies, but likely has the LCN's in a different order and Color Code (which is identical to how the system was on the old frequencies).

As this is a Connect Plus system, each site acts more like a P25 system, where it will only broadcast talkgroups on the site if there are radios affiliated with the talkgroup. It is not like a Capacity Plus system where all activity goes out on all sites. For that reason, there should be a control channel at each site.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
I noticed recently that the information for the FedEx (Dallas-Fort Worth Area) CON+ system appears to be completely wrong for the sites.

The license associated with both the DFW Airport and Alliance Airport sites, WNVQ232, shows completely different frequencies than what is currently reported in the database.

I also noticed that the frequencies for the Alliance Airport site are the same as the DFW Airport site on the FCC license. But the only talkgroups that show up are for DFW Airport (TGs 1 and 2, according to the database and based off the traffic I was able to hear) so this does not appear to be a simulcast system.

Anyone else have any info to include before I submit this change to the database?

This is what I've found so far:
Site 4 (DFW Airport)
939.725 CC7 LCN 1
939.675 CC7 LCN 2
939.6625 CC7 LCN 3
939.65 CC7 LCN 4
939.6375 CC7 LCN 5
I was out there today and got the same system CC and LCN numbers. DSD+ shows site 1 (Alliance) as a neighbor.