Feed URL's Changing, Admin input please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcims

Just re-upped for a 6 month subscription. Definitely protect your business first, but I wouldn't mind a member feed option that works in vlc :p

mkescan

Download BlueStacks on your Desktop or Laptop. Then go to Google Play & Download Scanner Radio & Broadcastify. Works Great. Can also run other things too. like Pulsepoint.
https://www.bluestacks.com

Attachments

• blue stack.jpg
    blue stack.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 429

lukemester

Feed Provider
I was occasionally using VLC or Winamp to check my feed and verify that the alpha tags are working. I noticed tonight that the links in the "Player selection" drop down list for Winamp and VLC are not working.

I found this thread and now know why the links are dead. I was wondering if there are any other players that support alpha tags? Do any of the phone apps support them? If there are no longer any players that support alpha tags I should probably just turn them off. If they are still supported it would be nice to add alpha tag support into the player on the "manage feed" page.

Also, since these VLC and Winamp links are no longer working you may want to remove them from the drop down list on your live feed listing web page.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am using the same method you are.
f8fd50b6ae92e5848461a4dd3dd12a27.jpg

mkescan

Right Click on the listen Icon, choose save link. Save that on your desktop. Click on it. WinAmp should open & play. You will have to save a new one when it stops working. About once a day.

Attachments

• listen.JPG
    listen.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 342
  • feed.JPG
    feed.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

lukemester

Feed Provider
Right Click on the listen Icon, choose save link. Save that on your desktop. Click on it. WinAmp should open & play. You will have to save a new one when it stops working. About once a day.

Thank you! I still have no success.:( I tried using right click on the listen icon and then save to desktop. No luck with Winamp. Next I tried switching my default player to Windows media player and saved the link to the desktop (I've set the WMP file association to use VLC). VLC also failed to play the audio stream. Also, I cleared my browser cache (Firefox) and then tried using Internet Explorer. I even tried to play the stream using another computer that had Winamp installed. Still no luck :(

Could you test my feed with Winamp or VLC and see if you can connect to my feed? It might be a problem with my ISP. They apply some strange IP filtering rules to my network traffic. Some ports are A-OK. traffic to other ports are intermittently blocked.:mad:

Below is a screen capture with the feed info.

Attachments

• FeedProb.jpg
    FeedProb.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 432

mkescan

Thank you! I still have no success.:( I tried using right click on the listen icon and then save to desktop. No luck with Winamp. Next I tried switching my default player to Windows media player and saved the link to the desktop (I've set the WMP file association to use VLC). VLC also failed to play the audio stream. Also, I cleared my browser cache (Firefox) and then tried using Internet Explorer. I even tried to play the stream using another computer that had Winamp installed. Still no luck :(
Could you test my feed with Winamp or VLC and see if you can connect to my feed? It might be a problem with my ISP. They apply some strange IP filtering rules to my network traffic. Some ports are A-OK. traffic to other ports are intermittently blocked.:mad:

Yep it worked for me.

Attachments

• WV.JPG
    WV.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 429

lukemester

Feed Provider
Looks like it's not my ISP. Just tried to connect from a PC at my workplace. (Using a different ISP) Still no luck.

Attachments

• rrerr.jpg
    rrerr.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 393

NYRHKY94

Lukemester:

Are you using the latest available version of WinAmp, which is shown below? Other members who have this version (including myself) do not get the sync error when using this version via the RR drop down.

Attachments

• WinAmp Version.JPG
    WinAmp Version.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 380

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

richtidd

Database Admin
Download BlueStacks on your Desktop or Laptop. Then go to Google Play & Download Scanner Radio & Broadcastify. Works Great. Can also run other things too. like Pulsepoint.
https://www.bluestacks.com

Why not use ScannerLive:
ScannerLive (ScannerLive) - Turn your PC into an online-feed scanner to listen to up to 10 feeds as the same time! Official ScannerLive Forum and RR ScannerLive Forum

mule1075

Feed Provider
Why not use ScannerLive:
ScannerLive (ScannerLive) - Turn your PC into an online-feed scanner to listen to up to 10 feeds as the same time! Official ScannerLive Forum and RR ScannerLive Forum
My guess is people are somewhat wary of it. Reason being no activity in their forums for almost a year. No support on the RR forums because Rob is banned. Can't say I can blame them for being a bit apprehensive about the app.

lukemester

Feed Provider
Lukemester:

Are you using the latest available version of WinAmp, which is shown below? Other members who have this version (including myself) do not get the sync error when using this version via the RR drop down.

Thank you!
I had an older version. I just updated to 5.666 and am now able to play my feed.

FYI, the VLC player is still not working. I'm using V2.2.6 of VLC.

I should probably put a mention in my feed notes about my player problems and which players/versions that I've been able to use to view alpha tags. It's only been a few months since I upgraded the scanner to one that supports alpha tags. If listeners can't view the tags this was just wasted money :(

Does anyone know if any phone or tablet apps support alpha tags? I should put that in the notes.

I'm old fashioned and prefer to listen with a desktop PC. My listener stats show that nearly all of my listeners are using Android or IOS. Without an app with alpha tags, it's likely that I'm the only one seeing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.