Florida East Coast Railway (FEC) NXDN

jaymatt1978

Trying to get threm in West Palm Beach..........I literally hear the train whistles from where I am staying I'm hearing nothing. Are you sure it's not all NXDN? I'm looking for something to listen to

jeff

Premium Subscriber
I thought I saw a post on another site that said they are now on NXDN for the entire length.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
FEC doesn't talk much been told. I don't know if the Defect Detectors go off when the train passes through.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
As of today (March 25th), FEC is still analog here in south Florida. I hear them on a daily basis. And yes, the defect detectors sound off after the train has passed. A lot of the radio traffic consists of the dispatcher giving out form T's to the train crews, reporting crossing gate false or partial activations. listen on 160.530 and 160.770.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
About 15 mints ago on fec road 160.530 in St Augustine heard some nxdn ran 1 tg 0. I’m guessing no tg I did see rid numbers 4010 and 4012.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Please tell me they are not using NXDN talkgroups on the road channel. There was a reason it was FM CSQ on analog.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
…A lot of the radio traffic consists of the dispatcher giving out form T's to the train crews, reporting crossing gate false or partial activations…
Sure you don’t mean a “form C”?