Florida Forest Service

wcu02mpa

Within the last month I have been hearing digital radio traffic on the VHF Florida State forestry frequencies. I am hearing one side digital and the other side clear. The traffic is rare but happening more. My Pro-2096 won't decode it so I don't think is P25 but could be). Can anyone advise on if Nexedge or maybe DMR? I am in the Lake City area.

Within the last month I have been hearing digital radio traffic on the VHF Florida State forestry frequencies. I am hearing one side digital and the other side clear. The traffic is rare but happening more. My Pro-2096 won't decode it so I don't think is P25 but could be). Can anyone advise on if Nexedge or maybe DMR? I am in the Lake City area.
ALL sides are "clear." No crypto on the repeaters.

wcu02mpa

It is definitely P25. I set my scanner to digital and it is decoding in a mixed mode format. I also just bought a Whistler TRX-2 and will be setting it up. EZ-Scan is not that easy.

Reconrider

It is definitely P25. I set my scanner to digital and it is decoding in a mixed mode format. I also just bought a Whistler TRX-2 and will be setting it up. EZ-Scan is not that easy.
After you learn it, you'll notice that whistler is more straight forward to program but uniden makes more sense in terms of organization

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Did you catch the NAC?

Got Perry this morning, loud and clear on 159.27. NAC is 0x032. Phase 1 only, no control signalling. Operating in mixed analog and P1. Mostly Analog from the 4 and a half minutes or so that I caught. Unfortunattely, my recording didn't turn out quite so well, I think I had the gain way too high was getting bad decodes on the voice with 36/553912 being invalid, but the 53 and 555000 being valid I'm pretty sure. Sounded like they were talking about weather conditions and visibility mostly.

Screenshot from 2022-11-17 08-16-18.png

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if there’s a thread for this. I was traveling to Orlando and I did pick up a p25 conv on 159.330 tg 20351 nac 08c.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I thought there was a prior DoF thread on the P25 migration but can't find it either
It was buried about 4 pages deep.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Here is a sample of the forestry morning radio check in my vicinity, captured this morning. Its mostly analog, but has a section about the 1:45 minute mark where its P25 P1 audio. You can run it through a decoder and get the P1 audio, but I've also included the decoded wav files for you, the person they are talking to is responding on analog. Sorry about the hum on the analog.

RedArrows

Here is a sample of the forestry morning radio check in my vicinity, captured this morning. Its mostly analog, but has a section about the 1:45 minute mark where its P25 P1 audio. You can run it through a decoder and get the P1 audio, but I've also included the decoded wav files for you, the person they are talking to is responding on analog. Sorry about the hum on the analog.

do you still have the audio? Just wondering because ufile is asking me to pay for it to listen to the audio.