Florida Roll Call

Iffy

From Bradenton (the Friendly City), thank you gents!

Not to disappoint y'all, but I'm getting back into scanning. Have a BCD436HP on it's way (foot tapping, yawn, etc...).

Been using RR for decades. Figured it's time for a lil' 'payback'. 8-}

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I've been here for some time, but never really posted here.

I am in Hillsborough County (outside of Tampa, to the north and east), and I recently acquired a Whistler TRX-1.

Last edited:

mkh

Update

I started this thread a little of 11 years ago. So I thought I would update my status.

Work, and traveling for work then health issues kept me away from radio for too long. I retired a few months ago and now I have time for all my radios again. I'm excited to get back into this hobby. Though some of my old friends have gone silent key, I'm anxious to make new ones.

My current interests center around SOTA and QRP on the ham side of things. I also have an interests in SDR and just purchased an RTL-SDR that should be here today or tomorrow. I would love to get back to listening to emergency services but Jacksonville is encrypted now and I'm not sure about Saint Johns county though I know they have gone digital. I'm guessing I'll have lots of research and experimenting to do once I get my hands on the SDR.

Anyway, I'm back with lots of time on my hands though funds are more limited these days.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
Name is Gilberto, been living for the past 20 years in Florida, 19 in Miami and the last one in Orange County.
Been scanning for at least 35 years and I listen to PD and Aviation.
Unlike Dade County, which for the most part, is unencrypted, I am dismayed to find out Orange county is. With the help of some locals here on RR, I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel, if 'ya know what I mean.
I want to thank those locals who have answered my questions elsewhere in the forum for their help.
I'm also a licensed ham, an appliance operator, like they say. Although I have dabbed in System Fusion, DMR and D-Star, I'm no longer active on the air. I consider myself more of a "listener" than a "talker". I'm mostly keeping my ham ticket to comply with Florida scanner laws.
I currently own a Uniden BCD536HP and I'm awaiting delivery of a Unication G4.
If the tax man is good to me, planning on getting a Uniden SDS200 as well.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Greetings! Transplant from NC just moved to Clay County for a bit until I find a house, working in Jacksonville. Been a semi-active contributor to NC for a longtime and hope to continue here.

hernandoscanman

Premium Subscriber
Hello !

I am from Hernando County Spring Hill ( 2 1/2 years ) , was in Pinellas County Largo for over 20 years, i mainly listen to Hernando County all Public Safety, and on Feeds i listen to Pasco ( For Now ) and Pinellas on occasion.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Hi all
I am in Tampa. I have lived here for 59 years. By coincidence, I have also been breathing for 59 years. I have yet to own a scanner. I plan to buy the SDS200, if it actually does become available before I die. My name is Billy, I guess it really doesn't matter what you call me since everything is accomplished by clicking on a button.

This is Billy, signing off.

evolocomotive

New member, moved to Fernandina Beach in Nassau Co in late 2017. Not listening to any Fire or Rescue since Nassau decided to take down the VHF voice side today ( 3 July 19). Mostly listening to railroad.

zeppelin11

Dixie county, FL. Born and raised in Pinellas County, FL. Been living in Dixie since 2011. I became a scanner hobbyist in 2012 and have been addicted ever since. My main agencies I enjoy monitoring are Police, Fire and EMS. I also like to explore anything my radio will receive.

scannersnstuff

Hi all
I am in Tampa. I have lived here for 59 years. By coincidence, I have also been breathing for 59 years. I have yet to own a scanner. I plan to buy the SDS200, if it actually does become available before I die. My name is Billy, I guess it really doesn't matter what you call me since everything is accomplished by clicking on a button.

This is Billy, signing off.
This post is hilarious. LOL.

Mwple049

Hello From Naples FL. I monitor 2 counties.
In Collier we have Naples & Marco Police. CCSO has moved to P25 & its fully encrypted. The Fire & EMS in Collier is up and running.
The other county I listen to is Lee County. Lee has a major airport ( RSW ) I listen to all of Lee county and the airport.
I did not do my homework when getting my first scanner here in FL. In NJ ( 20 plus ) Years ago I had 2 handhelds . 1 Radio Shack the other from Uniden. So easy to program. Today I have a BCT15X & a 436HP.

andyman82

TampaScan
Hi I live in Riverview, FL, have been in the tampa area for 15 years now.
Have always been a scanner listener, recently pickedup an sds200 and have been enjoying it very much. Also have a GRE PSR800 that I sometimes take on the road with me although since starting a live stream of the sds200 I usually just listen to that on my phone when I'm not at home.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Mayo, Lafayette County Florida here. I use a Radio Shack handheld Pro-528 scanner for analog, and I have a few cheapo RTL2832 Sticks and use them primarily with GQRX in Linux and DSDPlus Fast Lane running in Wine to monitor Analog and NXDN signals in Lafayette County and Suwannee County. Most times, I just listen to Suwannee County since its fairly busy there. I can also get a little bit of Madison County and some odd and end frequencies that I haven't been able to determine where they come from exactly.

JamesBrox

I live in Chumuckla FL. in Santa Rosa county. Which is roughly 30 miles NW of Pensacola. I mostly monitor county wide public safety and railroads. Unfortunately law enforcement here is encrypted. But I receive police communications from surrounding counties. Okaloosa county FL. PD, Escambia county AL. PD (Atmore, Brewton, Flomaton, etc) Alabama Highway Patrol. Baldwin county, Conecuh county.
BCD536HP, SDS100, BC125AT & BCD365RS

18bravo

I live in Largo and I monitor mostly public safety. just moved to the area last June. I'm a retired firefighter. My radios include a couple Unication G4's, XTS5000R iii and Harris Unity XG-100P.