• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Found a Chinesium APX 8000 on ebay.

iowajm780

I was on a video they said the hamgreek apx 8000 is made by Motorola it was a daul band radio that was supposed to sell for cheap but they thought it was a bad idea and kicked it to the curve and sold it off to some company and these is it. I actually brought one from eBay good radio love the audio
That is a pretty nifty radio!. Only $180 compared to thousands of dollars for a Moto APX8000!. They seem like good radios may pick one up to try. Now if they did the TPT like a real 8000, then that would be great!. My ham radio buddies will be jealous of my new radio!!.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
There is no way they'd make this. Now if they were going to they tossed idea all together and it would have had different firmware and software in the radio completely and would have been more like a actual apx with less ability.

I think that is just rumor as it would not make sense for them to waste time with it.

It's a junk honestly. The PL tone works minus the reverse burst doesn't and squelch is awful.
Thanks for that. No reverse burst=no sale!

emsdoc

Premium Subscriber
That is a pretty nifty radio!. Only $180 compared to thousands of dollars for a Moto APX8000!. They seem like good radios may pick one up to try. Now if they did the TPT like a real 8000, then that would be great!. My ham radio buddies will be jealous of my new radio!!.
How did you get around the USB not being recognized, I have tried for several weeks and still not program radio. Does look nice however!

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
How did you get around the USB not being recognized, I have tried for several weeks and still not program radio. Does look nice however!
I didn't have this issue as some described for the USB cable that was ordered.

Keep in mind it is NOT the charging USB cable to programs these. It's a separate USB adapter cable you must get. I imagine one could make one if you take the one apart to figure it out

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Pretty cheap more like a ham novelty. The software you can name a channel but it still only shows ch1 2 3 etc. I haven't figured out how to not allot it to tx without the software so this is a issue for those wishing to monitor a channel and not it tx in simplex without the software. The scan sucks worse than a baofeng. It will stop for split second then resume not holding. I'll be handing it off to a ham user soon to monkey with free of charge.

Robbie1984

G'day everyone i know this post has been somewhat inactive since March I've just taken delivery of a hamgeek apx-8000 contrary to some of the replies seen so far about how hard it is to program and features being confusing I am having an absolute ball with mine after a confusing start have managed to get repeaters programmed in for the interim until my e-bay seller sends out the separate programming cable so I'm able to utilize the hamgeek apx-8000 programming software to program it much easier

As someone who served for 20 years as a volunteer fire fighter this apx-8000 is reminiscent of the early Motorola MTS2000 handhelds that were issued to CFS brigades here in South Australia as part of the transition from 163 MHz VHF system to a UHF Trunked network known as the SA Government Radio Network