FRCC

eyes00only

I haven't monitored in quite a while but was happy I could hear a lot on a recent trip to Grand Junction on my TRX-1.
Now I'm trying to get Adams County from a couple miles west of Coors Field. I guessed that the Federal Heights tower was the closest but I'm hearing nothing.
The database doesn't show a lot of encryption. I think this is a simulcast system and know the TRX-1 doesn't do well but I expected some audio. Any tips?

ScannerSK

Updated - Tower 554 (Federal Heights) is showing as connected to the Weld County South Simulcast towers so it is operational.

Sometimes adding attentuation helps if signal overload is the problem with this line of scanners.

You might give the North Metro Simulcast towers a try on 772.99375.

Last edited:

eyes00only

Updated - Tower 554 (Federal Heights) is showing as connected to the Weld County South Simulcast towers so it is operational.

Sometimes adding attentuation helps if signal overload is the problem with this line of scanners.

You might give the North Metro Simulcast towers a try on 772.99375.
Thanks, I did get Med-10 & a few hits on NG EMS 1 but that's all. I did not monitor for long and will try a few hours tonight. I would like to hear FD disp. and response's if possible.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I did get Med-10 & a few hits on NG EMS 1 but that's all. I did not monitor for long and will try a few hours tonight. I would like to hear FD disp. and response's if possible.
Which site did you get these hits on? Federal Heights or North Metro Simulcast? Just want to make sure you are trying both to see if either one gives better results.

eyes00only

Which site did you get these hits on? Federal Heights or North Metro Simulcast? Just want to make sure you are trying both to see if either one gives better results.
Got the hits with North Metro but still need to tweak more settings. Honestly I'm not trying that hard but will try more over the weekend. Things have sure changed for the worse. I started monitoring in the early seventies and had a lot of fun but now most of my scanners are in a box in the basement.