Frequency of the Week; 154.400

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
In an attempt to get back on track towards the positive and educational radio system discussions we've had on this forum in the past and away from the derogatory and demeaning and completely non productive name calling that’s occurred recently I was wondering if others are interested in participating in a Frequency of the Week thread.

It’s a concept that pretty popular in others lists that I frequent and I thought it might be a great way to begin some interesting discussion here.

This can be open to frequencies, control channels or even talk groups but what it should not include is the name calling, slander comments that truly at the end of the day serve very little purpose.

For this week I will start with 154.400 PL 156.7 which I listen to for Summit County EMS & Fire dispatch but I’m well aware it’s used by other agencies in the state.

Jim<

Last edited:

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
Netco

Jim,

Always happy to compare notes with civilized hobbyists. 154.400, tone 179.9, is also the repeater output for Northeast Teller County fire dispatch and Ute Pass EMS dispatch, both located in Woodland Park. Teller SO does the dispatching from Divide. Repeater in is 151.010.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
154.4 Reminiscences

I remember in the days B.T. (before trunking) when it was the output of the Aurora Fire Dept. repeater, PL 131.8, input 153.95. And using those top-of-the line HT-220 Motorola portables! And back then, we had actual hardware consoles with pushbuttons and LED displays, before the days of CRT software-driven 'consoles'. :lol:

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Cheyenne

154.400 PL 100.0 is Cheyenne fire, mostly paging. Since we are uphill from most of the front range you might be able to hear it in Colorado. Interestingly they use 800 mhz trunking for the city fire, but still page on VHF. The county VHF is also linked into a talkgroup on the TRS.

eyes00only

N0GTG said:
I remember in the days B.T. (before trunking) when it was the output of the Aurora Fire Dept. repeater, PL 131.8, input 153.95. And using those top-of-the line HT-220 Motorola portables! And back then, we had actual hardware consoles with pushbuttons and LED displays, before the days of CRT software-driven 'consoles'. :lol:
Also back in 'B.T.' it was Fire Dispatch in Summit County.

Jerry

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
eyes00only said:
Also back in 'B.T.' it was Fire Dispatch in Summit County.

Jerry

Jerry, See the first message in this thread, it still is.

Jim<

LTbillybob

Premium Subscriber
New queston to old post

I know this is a VERY old thread...but would any of you guys have the input to the repeater near Fairplay fo the Park County SO?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LTbillybob said:
I know this is a VERY old thread...but would any of you guys have the input to the repeater near Fairplay fo the Park County SO?

Like I informed you via private email Bill this is off limits, actually against the law, to transmit on a public safety radio system with out previous permission from the agency involved, if that's why you want the input PLEASE contact the county directly.

The Park County Emergency Manager who deals with communications is Lori Hodges suggest you contact her before programming any radios.

Jim<

Last edited:

rfburns

154.4 Aurora Fire

N0GTG said:
back then, we had actual hardware consoles with pushbuttons and LED displays, :lol:
The 2 Motorola consoles at Station 1 were before LED's and had lamps. The Kustom consoles had LED's I think. For sure they had the famous boat light on top of the console. Was the boat light one of the "great ideas" that came from Salt Lake City Fire? Does anyone have a picture of those consoles? I'm sure most people have never seen those boat lights not even in Hollywood.

kc0kp

Nostalgia

N0GTG said:
It was before LEDs. Harry and I wrecked that one out of Station 1.
The state of the art HT220s were the dreaded A revision with speaker mics that were unintelligible. They were H23FFN 1100As slimlines. rebuilt them all to the 1100 E revision with new mics. Still have a 220 VHF omni on Denver 153.770/154.310, MRA 155.160 and CSP 154.905 from Denver Fire Reserve and Alpine Rescue team.

cstockmyer

Huh?

jimmnn said:
Like I informed you via private email Bill this is off limits, actually against the law, to transmit on a public safety radio system with out previous permission from the agency involved, if that's why you want the input PLEASE contact the county directly.

The Park County Emergency Manager who deals with communications is Lori Hodges suggest you contact her before programming any radios.

Jim<

That is one heck of a Coincidence , two people~in the same week~ asking for information that would allow them to transmit on Pubic safety systems...

rc104a

cstockmyer said:
That is one heck of a Coincidence , two people~in the same week~ asking for information that would allow them to transmit on Pubic safety systems...

I know of an agency that uses the input w/different pl tone for their 'secret' channel.

Rick

RodStrong

154.400, rx 173.8 is the RX for "Fire B" in Mesa County, which is the rural Fire Ops repeater. It is used by Debeque, Plateau Valley, Gateway, and Glade Park Fire depts.

Status
Not open for further replies.