Goofy question about speakers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

flydream777

OK, I know this might sound weird, but I have noticed that real police radios have a distinct, "hollow" sound that scanners don't have, which I really like :)

When I bought radio shack's little speaker, 19-318, and it has that same "hollow" sound that I have grown to love :) Has anyone else noticed what I am talking about, or am i just going on a senile rave? Any other speakers replicate this sound?

N

N_Jay

That is because "real" radios have a significant amount of acoustic engineering that goes into the case and speaker.

Scanners just get what is cheap glued to the inside of a grill in the case.

landonjensen

Yup, which is why i love my Motorola HT1000, they are known for the best quality in the audio dept, also well built.

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
landonjensen said:
Yup, which is why i love my Motorola HT1000, they are known for the best quality in the audio dept, also well built.

I use a Motorola HT1000 at work. I dont think there is a scanner out on the market to compare the audio to the HT1000. Now, only if /\/\otorola can build their phones with that high quality of audio will be another story!

N

N_Jay

ScanManQSL said:
I use a Motorola HT1000 at work. I dont think there is a scanner out on the market to compare the audio to the HT1000. Now, only if /\/\otorola can build their phones with that high quality of audio will be another story!

Moto Cellular subscriber and Moto Portable Products are two very different groups, very different management, and very different markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.