• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GP 900 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss261263

Hi
I got 2 gp900 radios, and using rss 6.06 software using an old dell laptop, the software is reading the radio and sees all the radio data etc,
first when I try to save the data to C:\ is states too long or too many, I can save it to floppy a:\,
I have tried shortening the name which is something like 1jiopd.266, still no joy,
trying to write to the radio, it says there is no ack or basically comms failure or radio not acknowledging, the lights on the radio flash and the smart rib flash,
So I can read the radio data but cannot write to it,
If I try a quick write it says no codeplug info in memory or words to that effect,
New cables, new battery in rib box and radio, reads all data from radio, but seems to timeout or go to sleep ?.
I plug the radio and cables in, start the software and it comes up reading.
Any thoughts comments ?
Thanks in Advance
David
Is there a windows based software for this type of radio ?

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
are you running the software in true DOS mode? It will not write if its in a DOS box.

dss261263

Pure Dos

Hi FFPM751
Yes it is Dos 6.22 with nothing else on the drive, what I decided to do was just use another small drive for DOS, instead of trying to use WIn 95,98,xp etc, I am completely new to this type of set up, the windows software is straight forward, The software sees all the radio information when I select the F keys, it will not store a codeplug to C drive or write to the radio, I got 2 in an auction X police in the UK, It is an old Dell latitude laptop P-11-333 I think and the DOS drive is put in when I use that software.
WHen I first tried it I had to install new battery to RIB box, and it would not see radio, after some switching in the bios and restarts it saw it, COM 1 and read it fine at all stages, no matter how long I took to go betwean Menus, F keys, but failed when attempting to write or save plug to C:\ drive, I have put it on a floppy and copied it to the C:\ drive and still will not read it ? from C:\drive
Just had a thought, the cable I am using is originally for MTS 2000 radio, does this make a difference ?.
Thanks for your reply and I will give it a try today and record all the error names and do it in a structured way.
Thanks In advance
David

dss261263

Default folder or drive

I made some progress, when it asked for the default drive I entered c:\, the software must select c:\ by default and does not require any input in this area, as when I deleted what I entered it saved and wrote the codeplug, so I would save it, load from memory, adjust setting and write to radio F8 it, but still have to restart the program each write, and if I use some of the features it will not write, so basically it is an F3, F3, F8 F10,F8 and then F2, any suggestions or comments ?
Thanks in advance
David

dss261263

Hi
And thanks for the reply, it is a bit, but only 2x900 so all programmed now and will give me something to focus on and try to figure out what all the screens and options mean and are used for, and they can be programmed without the RIB box.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.