GRE COM PSR 500 vs 500c

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfgroup

Premium Subscriber
US vs Canadian Radio Spectrums

I will have to send two posts so that the charts come through, so you can compare the US vs.Canada. I will send an additional chart that show how the ITU has broken the World into radio zones.

Attachments

• US Freq Spectrum Alllocation - Wall Chart.pdf
    89.1 KB · Views: 276

rfgroup

Premium Subscriber
US vs Canadian Radio Spectrums Post 2

Post 2 Canadian

Canada Radio Spectrum wall chart

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/vwapj/spectallocation-08.pdf/$FILE/spectallocation-08.pdf

Canada Radio Spectrum and rules

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/vwapj/cane2009edition-eng.pdf/$FILE/cane2009edition-eng.pdf

Last edited:

robschonk

Since the distributor is GRE America, I'm thinking another distributor handles Canada, so the US distributor wouldn't handle warranty work on a radio from another distributor. Also, when you click on dealers on the GRE America site, no Canadian dealers are listed.

Rob N4JKL

LesWurk

Since the distributor is GRE America, I'm thinking another distributor handles Canada, so the US distributor wouldn't handle warranty work on a radio from another distributor. Also, when you click on dealers on the GRE America site, no Canadian dealers are listed.

Rob N4JKL

Lectron Radio sells and service GRE in Canada, cannot really tell if they are the Canadian distributor. Durham Radio who sells GRE indicated that your send your scanner to Lectron for service in Canada.

AKG

Premium Subscriber
Sweet success!

I have the 500 model. Without the expensive "c"......and it works a charm! (with help from radireference, and psr edit)!! Having a blast !
Thanks everyone for your help.

darrylcn

I might be able to help clear things up: I got my radio indirectly through Lectron - it has one off their stickers on it. It's a 500C. Also when I spoke to the US Gre people via their website this week when inquiring about my antenna issues they referred me to Lectron since it's the Canadian go to store.

Mine has the 'Expensive C' :) and it also works like a charm after some soldering..

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I believe the only difference is the C is set to Canadian bandplan when first turned on.
The US version is set to the US version... which can be changed in 5 seconds via the menu
Bandplan = CAN

Yes the C is to go back to Lectron, the US version to GRE in the US.

FYI I also sell the psr-500/psr-600 brand new (US version.. which I change to CAN bandplan) for $400 CANADIAN no tax. Any shipping is extra.

LesWurk

I believe the only difference is the C is set to Canadian bandplan when first turned on.
The US version is set to the US version... which can be changed in 5 seconds via the menu
Bandplan = CAN

The V folders are loaded for Canada also.

scannerboy01

Thanks for the help. :) I never knew there was a page like that. I thought that I had been in every nook and cranny of the radio, but that was a menu I've never seen before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.