GRE PSR 500 and ME new to Digital Scanning Augh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MENatureDude207

Premium Subscriber
US, EURO, CAN, S AMER, AZ now home in Maine
Morning,

Thanks Dick!
I ended up printing a few pages of the owners manual, and found one on search, and got Portland trunking. At least some of it is coming in well, but I finished late and turned it off, so I have to listen some.
Your right I was not getting it. I read all over the place, but did not get it, but with your explanation above it popped in place and its scanning "T".
At some point I will most likely reset the scanner, and reprogram everything again, once I have figure it out.
My goal is to get the outside antenna in the air and see what happens, realizing I have 99% more + to learn about this. So far its fun.
Thanks again!

eagleswings01

Welcome to RR and the GRE club! Hertzian (and MANY others here) were very instrumental in helping me get my 310 set up. His post is an excellent quick start guide!

Also, you might want to check out the thread I started when I first joined. It has lots of programming tips in it!

Good luck!
Mike

MENatureDude207

Premium Subscriber
US, EURO, CAN, S AMER, AZ now home in Maine
Hey Mike,

Thanks!!!! Your link is great, have to go back to it, but scanned it over and WOW.
YES the guys here have been great. I actually have an idea what I'm doing now.

Welcome to RR and the GRE club! Hertzian (and MANY others here) were very instrumental in helping me get my 310 set up. His post is an excellent quick start guide!

Also, you might want to check out the thread I started when I first joined. It has lots of programming tips in it!

Good luck!
Mike

eagleswings01

You are very welcome! In fact, I still refer to that post for information when I forget exactly how to do something. Now I'm learning the trunking side of scanning. It's a little more complicated but still fun.

If you have any other questions feel free to post away - there are so many people here who are willing to help!

Enjoy,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.