Guardians of Freedom Air Show at Sheppard AFB Log

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
The airshow at Sheppard AFB was fantastic this year. I was able to attend on Sunday 28 April 2024

FrequencyUseComment
124.025Airboss
  • Poster on side of trailer said "Continental Air Show Productions"
  • Not a known ATC freq for Sheppard AFB.
123.15Golden Knight Ground
  • I had some kind of radio interference, the ground coordinator was weak and distorted, while the aircraft was loud and clear.
298.6F-35 Demo
  • F-35 Demo team based out of Hill AFB
235.25Thunderbirds Uniform
  • Interplane in the Diamond and Delta formations
  • Air to ground (1 to 7 and 1 to 10)
  • Pilot to PA "retrans"
  • They referred to it as "uniform"
149.65Thunderbirds Victor
  • Interplane for the Solos (5 and 6)
  • They referred to it as "victor"

nd5y

124.025 is one of the Sheppard "Arrival Discreet" frequencies. It was the airboss the past few air shows.
149.650 is one of the many training wing frequencies that are active almost daily.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
124.025 is one of the Sheppard "Arrival Discreet" frequencies. It was the airboss the past few air shows.
Thank you for that. On the fly, on the day of I just did a quick search on airnav. I see it now on the RRDB.
149.650 is one of the many training wing frequencies that are active almost daily.
That frequency is in the RRDB for the Thunderbirds too. Probably multiple users across the nation.

nd5y

AirNav (and FAA data) doesn't have a lot of Sheppard's frequencies. Just the main ATC ones.

The db for Sheppard is all messed up. Look at the alpha tags. Most of them are all the same. There is non-aviation stuff mixed in with the VHF/UHF AM aircraft stuff. Some of the frequencies might be obsolete by now. I haven't checked it in years.

There is more unconfirmed frequencies in the wiki and a link to a USAF order with most of the 20-channel presets.

I think there is a pool of frequencies used by Sheppard, Fort Sill, NASFWJRB and others for the various training routes around here. I think the routes have their own frequencies that are assigned on a daily basis to whoever is flying, like the ones for the refueling tracks but I was never able to figure it out.

I think each squadron at Sheppard might have their own aviation frequencies (also TRS talkgroups) but I was never able to figure that out either.

RadioFreq

Premium Subscriber
The airshow at Sheppard AFB was fantastic this year. I was able to attend on Sunday 28 April 2024

FrequencyUseComment
124.025Airboss
  • Poster on side of trailer said "Continental Air Show Productions"
  • Not a known ATC freq for Sheppard AFB.
123.15Golden Knight Ground
  • I had some kind of radio interference, the ground coordinator was weak and distorted, while the aircraft was loud and clear.
298.6F-35 Demo
  • F-35 Demo team based out of Hill AFB
235.25Thunderbirds Uniform
  • Interplane in the Diamond and Delta formations
  • Air to ground (1 to 7 and 1 to 10)
  • Pilot to PA "retrans"
  • They referred to it as "uniform"
149.65Thunderbirds Victor
  • Interplane for the Solos (5 and 6)
  • They referred to it as "victor"

Great catch on the Hill AFB F-35A Demo Team: 298.60