Ham Callsigns in Work of Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Feel free to use mine as well, I surely don't use it much haha. KI4ANZ

jkd45441

that x ias the firrst letter in the suffix i dont know if that holds water i have a call issued from fcc back in 93 that has an x in the suffix the last of the call is xcr mabey some thing fell through the cracks do i need to fix this i have rrenewed it twice and have it on my truck tags

Token

that x ias the firrst letter in the suffix i dont know if that holds water i have a call issued from fcc back in 93 that has an x in the suffix the last of the call is xcr mabey some thing fell through the cracks do i need to fix this i have rrenewed it twice and have it on my truck tags

The guidelines are currently no X as the first letter of a suffix in a 2 x 3 callsign. I assume yours is a 1 x 3? For a 1 x 3 there is no problem with an X starting the suffix. The old regulation was no X, Y, or Z as a first letter of a suffix, even as a 1 x 3, but that has not been the rules for more than 50 years.

T!

W2IBC

I am working on a fictional short story involving ham radio, but I need some guidance on callsigns. I don't want to associate my fictional characters with valid FCC callsigns.

I'd did some searching in FCC rules and didn't find any specific information or guidelines.

meh, you can use mine I don't care. totally serious. use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.