Help progamming BCD996P2

Dude19862

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996p2 and i am using ProScan to program it and i am wondering if i am able to listen to these frequencies if so how do i go about programming them in thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 63

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a BCD996p2 and i am using ProScan to program it and i am wondering if i am able to listen to these frequencies if so how do i go about programming them in thanks
What you are showing are talkgroups on a trunked system. They are not frequencies. The frequencies for trunked systems go into sites. Without knowing where you are (city/county/state), there is no way we can help.

Dude19862

Premium Subscriber
What you are showing are talkgroups on a trunked system. They are not frequencies. The frequencies for trunked systems go into sites. Without knowing where you are (city/county/state), there is no way we can help.
Can a person listen to the talk groups still

Ace9133uwu

|-/ Nothing kills man faster than his own head.
Premium Subscriber
On the RadioReference database, find your state. At the bottom of the state page, look for a regional trunked radio system (TRS). Just as an example it will be described as such: Indiana’s “Safe-T” or Ohio’s “MARCS-IP”. Once you’ve located this, look for your city/county in the Frequency List. Frequencies that are red are control channels (CC). You need to have the CC’s programmed in order for the TGID’s to work.
Further down the TRS page you’ll see counties listed. Find yours, and you will see the TGID’s, which are usually four to five digits long. Each TGID has a description of usage.

Ace9133uwu

Premium Subscriber
If you’re brand new to digital scanning, which it seems like you are, go here. This website has helped myself and many others when it comes to the many nuances of programming. Be sure to bookmark/favorite it.
Remember: there are no dumb questions. Always ask if you don’t understand anything, we’re here to help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Can a person listen to the talk groups still
Yes, if the talkgroups are not encrypted, you have the proper sites programmed, and your scanner is capable of receiving the system. That is why we need to know your location and the system you want to monitor to check the database. There is no one answer. Every system is different.

Dude19862

Premium Subscriber
Yes, if the talkgroups are not encrypted, you have the proper sites programmed, and your scanner is capable of receiving the system. That is why we need to know your location and the system you want to monitor to check the database. There is no one answer. Every system is different.
I live in Caribou Maine 04736 I have A BCD996P2 and I am using proscan to program it

Reactions: wtp

Ace9133uwu

Premium Subscriber

tvengr

Well Known Member
Yes, you will be able to receive the Maine Forest Service talkgroups except for TGID's (Talkgroup ID's) 1011 and 1072 which are fully encrypted (Mode DE) and cannot be received by any scanner. They are on the MSCommNet trunked system. You will need to create a P25 Standard Trunked System. There are 8 sites in Aroostook County. Your best site in Caribou is New Sweden. On the system, you will need to create a site with the following frequencies:
51 (33)051 (33)New SwedenAroostook151.2125c159.270c
The "c" after the frequencies indicates they are both control channel capable and must be programmed. When you enter frequencies, remove the "c". You will get an error if you try to program the frequencies with the "c". Please attach your ProScan file so that we can take a look at it. You may need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the file or zipped file.

Dude19862

Premium Subscriber
so I believe I have asked this question before but lost the information i have a BCD996P2 and I'm using ProScan to program it I believe I was told that there is a way to program talk groups into it and I'm trying to figure out how to do so thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You asked this question already

To find posts you lost click on find threads and either your threads or threads with your posts

2.PNG

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
so I believe I have asked this question before but lost the information i have a BCD996P2 and I'm using ProScan to program it I believe I was told that there is a way to program talk groups into it and I'm trying to figure out how to do so thanks
Yes. Where are you at in the process? Do you already have a trunking system setup in ProScan and you want to add group/s containing the TGIDs? I see post #1 shows the TGIDs already setup.
Did you already add the site/s containing the trunking frequencies?

Basically the steps are the same in ProScan as in the scanner.
1. Select a system or create a new system
2. Add a group to the system
3. Add the TGIDs to the group

Do the same with the sites
1. Select the system
2. Add a site to the system
3. Add the trunking frequencies to the site

tvengr

Well Known Member
I live in Caribou Maine 04736 I have a BCD996P2 and I am using proscan to program it.
If your scanner is fairly new, you will want to check your firmware version. It was discovered that a hardware change resulted in the scanner not being able to decode digital frequencies from 171.225 to 173.9875 MHz. MSCommNet uses a lot of frequencies in that range. Firmware v1.10.02 was issued 7/13/2022 to fix that problem. On your scanner: Press MENU > Scroll to Settings > Press E > Scroll to See Scanner Info > Press E > Scroll to Firmware Version > Press E > ---- > Press SCAN/SEARCH twice to exit menu.

Last edited: