BCD325P2/BCD996P2: help what button did I press

chuckinnc

Last summer I bought a bcd325p2 used because it was already programed & ready for use. Everything was ok until today when I must have pressed the wrong button, Now it just scrolls - ID SEARCH and a up arrow pointing to P25, I tried reading the manual and pressing different things with no luck, would just like to get back to the scan [home] screen that always came up when turning the power on. Is there anyway to undo what ever it was that I pressed?

tvengr

Well Known Member
What exactly do you see on the screen? If HOLD is flashing, press the HOLD button for about 3 seconds to exit system hold. If you want ID Scan, press FUNC and then SCAN. Do the buttons do anything? If not, you may have the keypad locked. To unlock keypad, press FUNC and then the Power button for a short time. What system are you monitoring? Is it VIPER? What you are monitoring may have recently changed. Please let us know your city and county and which agencies you want to monitor. Check your squelch setting. It should be 2. Do you see ATT on the display?

Last edited:

chuckinnc

What exactly do you see on the screen? If HOLD is flashing, press the HOLD button for about 3 seconds to exit system hold. If you want ID Scan, press FUNC and then SCAN. Do the buttons do anything? If not, you may have the keypad locked. To unlock keypad, press FUNC and then the Power button for a short time. What system are you monitoring? Is it VIPER? What you are monitoring may have recently changed. Please let us know your city and county and which agencies you want to monitor. Check your squelch setting. It should be 2. Do you see ATT on the display?
Thanks for the help, my wife took it with her to work & co worker was able to get it back on track, now I need to find proper software and cable so I can load updated settings so I can reload the 325p2 myself.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
The FUNC button and then shortly after the SCAN button was pushed was how ID SEARCH was on or it could have been done in the Program System setting within that system you were scanning.