Help with weird signal issues on TCAN

Tobashadow

I'm running a BCD325P2 in the Sweetwater area, I know we are getting a tower soon but for now we have to use nearby ones.

I'm using the one for Madisonville since it has the best signal for my area, here's where the question is.

Loudon County comes in crystal clear
McMinn County comes in crystal clear
THP comes in mostly clear

Monroe county stuff like Sweetwater etc is either not at all or choppy.

All four groups are programmed in to the same tower site and I've tried adjusting the threshold till I found the best error or lack of error level. Sometimes I'll get the Monroe county SO officers in clear but the dispatch will be a garbled mess. It's it just a bad patch on the Monroe county to the Madisonville Tower? A friend uses a different tower I can't get in my end of town and it comes in smooth for him.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sometimes I'll get the Monroe county SO officers in clear but the dispatch will be a garbled mess.
A number of the talkgroups in Monroe County are encrypted. No scanner can decode encrypted talkgroups. That would explain why you hear garbled audio. You need to lockout or delete any talkgroup with a Mode of TE.
95282538TEMonroeCo FD I-4Fire Incident 4Fire-Tac
95202530TEMonroeCo FD NetFire NetFire-Talk
9514252aTEMadisnvl PD TalkMadisonville Police TalkLaw Talk
95092525TEMCSO SROSchool Resource OfficersSchools
95052521TEMonroeCo SO TalSheriff TalkLaw Talk
95102526TEMCSO SRTSpecial Response TeamEmergency Ops
9518252eTEVonore PD TalkVonore/Tellico Plains Police TalkLaw Talk

Highway Patrol districts 1 and 2 cover Monroe, McMinn, and the other surrounding counties. For TN Highway Patrol, you should have only these talkgroups:
47000b798TTHP-D1-Disp1District 1: Dispatch 1Law Dispatch
47050b7caTTHP-D1-Disp3District 1: Dispatch 3Law Dispatch
47004b79cTTHP-D2-Disp1District 2: Dispatch 1Law Dispatch
All other District 1 Knoxville and District 2 Chattanooga THP talkgroups are encrypted. Lockout or delete any other THP talkgroups.

Attached is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys with your scanner.

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 3

Tobashadow

A number of the talkgroups in Monroe County are encrypted. No scanner can decode encrypted talkgroups. That would explain why you hear garbled audio. You need to lockout or delete any talkgroup with a Mode of TE.
95282538TEMonroeCo FD I-4Fire Incident 4Fire-Tac
95202530TEMonroeCo FD NetFire NetFire-Talk
9514252aTEMadisnvl PD TalkMadisonville Police TalkLaw Talk
95092525TEMCSO SROSchool Resource OfficersSchools
95052521TEMonroeCo SO TalSheriff TalkLaw Talk
95102526TEMCSO SRTSpecial Response TeamEmergency Ops
9518252eTEVonore PD TalkVonore/Tellico Plains Police TalkLaw Talk

Highway Patrol districts 1 and 2 cover Monroe, McMinn, and the other surrounding counties. For TN Highway Patrol, you should have only these talkgroups:
47000b798TTHP-D1-Disp1District 1: Dispatch 1Law Dispatch
47050b7caTTHP-D1-Disp3District 1: Dispatch 3Law Dispatch
47004b79cTTHP-D2-Disp1District 2: Dispatch 1Law Dispatch
All other District 1 Knoxville and District 2 Chattanooga THP talkgroups are encrypted. Lockout or delete any other THP talkgroups.

Attached is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys with your scanner.
Already deleted those it's the non encrypted ones

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
Hey got a question on the Madisonville site other than monroe county does both life-force and life star multicast on that tower also what else comes across it

Tobashadow

Hey got a question on the Madisonville site other than monroe county does both life-force and life star multicast on that tower also what else comes across it
Haven't heard lifestar or life force yet, I have heard the following on it.

Blount county - clear
McMinn county - clear
Loudon county - clear
Roane county - clear
THP - ok lots of cut off conversations
Monroe county - choppy signal issues

There's a few randoms in ID search mode but those are the ones I can get full time so far. Lots of calls from Tellico Plains for lift assistance... Those residents are starting to get up there in average.

As far as Monroe County goes it's weird I'll get EMS dispatch all day long clear for the most part and the Jail was clear till I deleted it due to high traffic. And I'll get fire dispatch good, and SO dispatch most of the time. Everything else is random quality or none at all like their data patch to that tower for Monroe County is faulty. Again a friend of mine using a base antenna gets the Weishhi or what ever it's spelled tower and gets Sweetwater strong and clear. I don't get enough signal on it on my radio to decode the digital signal.

Last edited: