Herkimer County

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
LTR is analog. And dependng on the controller can have PL added. When we had our SMR we had multiple channels part of the LTR system setup with PL for those transitioning. The Raider supported PL/DPL and LTR all in the same channel

k2hz

Database Admin
Oh okay so you think it's HCCC maybe they working on new license maybe cause kr shows hccc expired
I see it actually expired 5/09/2023, currently deleted and nothing pending. When I first searched it in expired licenses it showed expired in 2013 but I now see it was renewed 3/12/2013. When it was renewed and modified for narrow band the application said it was for "COLLEGE MAINTENANCE/GROUNDS OPERATIONS". Their original license was prior to 2003.

I suggest you listen for a few days and see if it what you hear fits for them and submit it. I doubt they care about the expired license. Common for small government entities. I see some still operating with licenses that expired years ago

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
Ya I will keep listening and see if I can piece together what it is and I do thank you for your help will let you know what I can find out

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
As of what I have heard it is HCCC MAINTENANCE/GROUNDS they just only changed there PL tone 136.5 PL
also as i listen i hear them talking and it's Maintenance that's all the information so if you want to update the PL tone into Herkimer county you can. Thanks

k2hz

Database Admin
It looks like the listings for HCCC were last updated in 2012 and no record of the actual submission. They may have changed PL when they narrow banded in 2013 or the info may never have been correct. I would appreciate it if you could also check HCCC Security 462.250 to verify the PL in use.

Please click Submit Changes on the blue Menu at the upper right of the Herkimer County page and then click Start under Conventional Radio Data. There is a link available to the Submissions Guidelines Page if needed. This will provide a record to help keep the RRDB up to date. We depend on input from users like you to keep the RRDB accurate.

west-pac

As of what I have heard it is HCCC MAINTENANCE/GROUNDS they just only changed there PL tone 136.5 PL
also as i listen i hear them talking and it's Maintenance that's all the information so if you want to update the PL tone into Herkimer county you can. Thanks

What have they said that makes you think it's HCCC? A DB Admin isn't going to chance the DB just because you say: "yep, it's HCCC, go ahead and change it." Any good DB Admin would ask why, without a shadow of doubt, you think it's HCCC.

- Do they mention street names?
- Do they mention residence halls?
- Do they mention building names?
- Do they mention sports fields?
- Do they say school-related words?
- Do they mention local businesses?
- Do they mention faculty names?

They have to say something that makes you think it's HCCC.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
but ya i do understand but we will keep listening to be sure it's HCCC but i am pretty sure it is because i do hear a lot of clues to that its the collage like for a sample Library, and so on but i will keep monitoring it.

k2hz

Database Admin
What have they said that makes you think it's HCCC? A DB Admin isn't going to chance the DB just because you say: "yep, it's HCCC, go ahead and change it." Any good DB Admin would ask why, without a shadow of doubt, you think it's HCCC.

- Do they mention street names?
- Do they mention residence halls?
- Do they mention building names?
- Do they mention sports fields?
- Do they say school-related words?
- Do they mention local businesses?
- Do they mention faculty names?

They have to say something that makes you think it's HCCC.
While generally true, this is a case of an apparent existing system in the immediate vicinity of the observer so I trust his judgment. If it was a distant signal on a channel with many potential users then all your points are indeed valid. The request to check the associated security channel for the facility may also help confirm the ID if it is a similar strength local signal.

All of the items you listed are indeed basic things to consider to identify the correct system. I myself have often found several of these facts point to a suspect but one or more turns out to not fit and it was necessary to reconsider.

This also points out why we generally will not make a RRDB change based on Forum comments but want a formal submission "for the record" that can be checked for accuracy and additional information requested if needed to substantiate it.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
yup I agree and sure I been monitoring the security channel to see what i hear there but i did hear some digital tone it sounded like DMR but i went to try to change to auto to see if it will search and encode what it was but it was NFM still but i will keep monitoring security channel and the other channel if i can pull together more prof of what it is

k2hz

Database Admin
yup I agree and sure I been monitoring the security channel to see what i hear there but i did hear some digital tone it sounded like DMR but i went to try to change to auto to see if it will search and encode what it was but it was NFM still but i will keep monitoring security channel and the other channel if i can pull together more prof of what it is
I appreciate your efforts! The info current in the RRDB may be unsubstantiated and from 2008 or earlier. As an old wide band system they probably got new radios by 2013 to comply with narrow banding.

There is a tricky situation here since the DPL tone can look like 134.4 and some scanners will decode it as 131.8 or 136.5. What model scanner are you using and are you actually receiving the signal in 136.5 PL mode or is that just what the scanner is displaying? If you scanner can do DPL receive, try programming 461.050 as 226 DPL and see what happens. DPL can false PL but usually not vice versa. The DPL pulse rate can look like a tone to a PL decoder but a PL tone should not match the digital pattern for a DPL decoder.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have the TRX1 whistler & Uniden SDS100
OK, either one should be fine to actually program 461.050 with the squelch set to the DPL code and see if it responds. Either one could report a DPL as PL 136.5 if just in direct frequency entry mode but I would suspect the SDS100 would be more likely to recognize it as DPL.

Also, either should recognize if the security channel is DMR but the display will default to NFM until it actually is decoding the signal. The SDS100 may still show frequency/NFM but then also show Color code, Slot and Type if actually receiving DMR.

k2hz

Database Admin
Got it all sorted out and RRDB PL info updated for both HCCC frequencies thanks to KE2BJW observations.