Herkimer County

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
reason is they coverage expanding the system is analog simulcast and it's meant for a digtal system like for a simple the SDS100 is a digtal abd analog but the simulcast this radio is made for is digtal simulcast so when the analog simulcast system is on expanding the coverage it will have a effect on the analog side if the radio is meant to pick it up on the digtal side it's going to effect signals to be cutt out and drops out's are happening now and with this happening it is also interfering with me trying to listen to Oneida County CNYICC system as there digtal and my local interfering me from hearing both with a clean clear audio it's cause major issues hearing stuff very well and that is why i stated above it is a must that they turn on the digtal side of the system to prevent this major effect

k2hz said:
If I follow what you are saying, you are correct that digital simulcast with LSM modulation and a proper digital receiver eliminates the problems inherent with analog simulcast.
So not only me is having the issue the whole radio groups will have distortion and weak signal breaking up and drop outs till they convert it to digtal and with this new system that is put in it will take time for them to get it just right they have to tweak and peak it and make finial adjustment's to module the system and configure it with inputs and outputs the wattage the amp and preamp and configure onboard filter system to enhance the control system signals and so much that goes into reverting over the system.

ff026

Feed Provider
reason is they coverage expanding the system is analog simulcast and it's meant for a digtal system like for a simple the SDS100 is a digtal abd analog but the simulcast this radio is made for is digtal simulcast so when the analog simulcast system is on expanding the coverage it will have a effect on the analog side if the radio is meant to pick it up on the digtal side it's going to effect signals to be cutt out and drops out's are happening now and with this happening it is also interfering with me trying to listen to Oneida County CNYICC system as there digtal and my local interfering me from hearing both with a clean clear audio it's cause major issues hearing stuff very well and that is why i stated above it is a must that they turn on the digtal side of the system to prevent this major effect

So not only me is having the issue the whole radio groups will have distortion and weak signal breaking up and drop outs till they convert it to digtal and with this new system that is put in it will take time for them to get it just right they have to tweak and peak it and make finial adjustment's to module the system and configure it with inputs and outputs the wattage the amp and preamp and configure onboard filter system to enhance the control system signals and so much that goes into reverting over the system.
Slow down, take a breath. BREATH! Use punctuation.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So.....Your thought process is they need to witch to P25 so you can listen with your scanner better ? I'm confused. When I lived up in NY and did SAR stuff Herkimer had a pretty good analog system. My APX never had issues on RX nor did any of my XTL's. There were a few areas that had portable coverage deficiencies but not many.

Inter-Op is an entirely different system. Its used to Inter-Op during a disaster (Flood, Fires, Disasters) and NY has been very helpful for counties to build robust Inter-op systems even though many of them have never been used since implementation. But thats the idea I guess.

I think you need to explain what your real issue is. I really dont believe the users on the system have the issues you have.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
All I know is at times when there talking the audio goes in and out and if it's short I can hear well but if there talking longer then one min it cuts off and it gets distorted analog and digital is doing it so where I am must have bad reciption or something is causing interference and Simulcasting analog can cause this distortion choppy signal but idk but it's anoyying

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
I trying to explain my issue but no one wanna understand it so I feel as I am being bulled online and treated with disrespect and I only looking for answers to get help on what is causing this issue I feel as no one on here has the correct knowledge to even know the correct issue so there for I will go to the right place for the correct information I am not wasting my time being bulled oh here bye good luck but my case is closed over and out and taken my questions and concerns to real professionals that knows something

ff026

Feed Provider
I trying to explain my issue but no one wanna understand it so I feel as I am being bulled online and treated with disrespect and I only looking for answers to get help on what is causing this issue I feel as no one on here has the correct knowledge to even know the correct issue so there for I will go to the right place for the correct information I am not wasting my time being bulled oh here bye good luck but my case is closed over and out and taken my questions and concerns to real professionals that knows something

Lighten up Francis.
By the way, this is not an airport no need to announce your departure.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
What is a "LINK" system?
And did you hear actual Frankfort FD traffic on the channel, or is that just what came up on the screen from the database?

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Did you actually monitor a P25 transmission on 153.830? I normally can hear analog and digital systems coming from southern Herkimer County, but nothing on this frequency. I looked up the Frankfort license for WPES803 (153.830 MHz) and the FCC shows the license expired in 2014. Is the FCC that far behind?

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
Did you actually monitor a P25 transmission on 153.830? I normally can hear analog and digital systems coming from southern Herkimer County, but nothing on this frequency. I looked up the Frankfort license for WPES803 (153.830 MHz) and shows the license expired in 2014. Is the FCC that far behind?

Yup but P25 did come over that freq but it was a cross link from analog to P25 and I heard fire on it

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Many many years ago Frankfort Police Dept. was on the JPJ EDACS system, no other Herk. Co. Department was on that system that I know of!
I will have to watch the next time Frankfort has a M/A call! Thanks for posting the screen photo!

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Hi I have no idea on NAC, Frankfort FD has had a few calls but they have used the village channel.

Last edited: