HP-1: HomePatrol-1 2.06.xx Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhouk

That was likely with the last production release firmware, not this current Beta firmware.

-40F is enough to ruin most peoples day either way you look at it.

you could always put the unit in your freezer then check the bandscope if you have extreme features?

J

JamesO

you could always put the unit in your freezer then check the bandscope if you have extreme features?

J

Interesting that last time is got quite, comparing to my 996XT with similar programming, I pulled up a Weather channel just to make sure the receiver was working.

Appeared that the Weather channel worked, but something is playing up with trunking.

I may play around a bit, but thought I would toss my observations out for others to think about as there are a number of HP1 users that have had different behavior with different versions of the Beta release.

kaiserfan

By the way folks, for anyone who hasn't updated firmware to the "logging" version yet, this blue screen only seems to appear because the 'debug' folder doesn't yet exist in your radio.

When copying the 2.06.x firmware over to the radio, go to the folder which contains the 'firmware' folder that you just put the firmware into, and create an empty folder called 'debug'. Then it won't "crash" at the end of the firmware update.

Obviously if you already have a "debug" folder, it's not necessary to do this.

any thing i try with the firmware lasts a day or two and then old problems come back the 2-02 seems to work the best but eventualy the audio is all garbled tried just what you said installed the 2-06-08 and put in the debug file it worked for 20 hours and then the audio is broken not garbled it's hard to put in word exatly what it sounds like went back to 2-02 works good what causes the change from one day to the next nothing else has changed

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If I were you, I'd buy a brand new microSD card, start from scratch (don't copy any of the data over from the old card - use "Clear User Data" within Sentinel, and copy over your favorites and/or the 2.06 firmware from the computer, not the old card), and see if the problems still pop up.

This is just a stab in the dark, but if the radio is getting worse after "a day or two", I'm wondering if the card is filling up with log data or recordings, making it harder for the radio to write to the card, and eventually compromising the audio.

kaiserfan

If I were you, I'd buy a brand new microSD card, start from scratch (don't copy any of the data over from the old card - use "Clear User Data" within Sentinel, and copy over your favorites and/or the 2.06 firmware from the computer, not the old card), and see if the problems still pop up.

This is just a stab in the dark, but if the radio is getting worse after "a day or two", I'm wondering if the card is filling up with log data or recordings, making it harder for the radio to write to the card, and eventually compromising the audio.

I have tried clearing all data and reloading it some days it works some it dosen't i have two SD cards and if i put one verision of firmware on one a nd switch it shows the same firmware on the new on that was on the old one

phask

Premium Subscriber
Firmware is not on the card - it's within the radio. Changing card will not change it.

What Jay is saying has some merit.

I have tried clearing all data and reloading it some days it works some it dosen't i have two SD cards and if i put one verision of firmware on one a nd switch it shows the same firmware on the new on that was on the old one

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Or maybe they're using the info gathered to work in the labs on pushing it out in a non-beta release..

Keep in mind the (presumably same tech staff) are also working on the x36 line (and IIRC a release candidate of the app was rumored to hit the iOS store in a week or two, so they've been working hard there)..

JustLou

Or maybe they're using the info gathered to work in the labs on pushing it out in a non-beta release..

Keep in mind the (presumably same tech staff) are also working on the x36 line (and IIRC a release candidate of the app was rumored to hit the iOS store in a week or two, so they've been working hard there)..

Perhaps, but they haven't even responded to anything in this thread since early August.

jasonhouk

Just some insight. I looked through everyone of these post and also looked at the System Performance Reporting Google doc. Out of 152 post here only 33 systems were actually reported on. Not much data for an engineer to look through and find a cause for every issue on every system in North America.

J.

MStep

Have been watching with much interest the discussion of the various beta versions of firmware for the HP-1. The one thing that seems to be missing from all of the comparisons of 2.04 and up seem to be references to the older 2.03 version. I suspect with the various permutations of 2.04 and the beta versions that followed, that 2.03 got lost in the shuffle. I still find, after doing considerable testing, that 2.03 still yields the best overall results on the HP-1. I wonder if anyone can comment on that from their own experience with 2.03 vs. the latest betas.

kaiserfan

Have been watching with much interest the discussion of the various beta versions of firmware for the HP-1. The one thing that seems to be missing from all of the comparisons of 2.04 and up seem to be references to the older 2.03 version. I suspect with the various permutations of 2.04 and the beta versions that followed, that 2.03 got lost in the shuffle. I still find, after doing considerable testing, that 2.03 still yields the best overall results on the HP-1. I wonder if anyone can comment on that from their own experience with 2.03 vs. the latest betas.

personaly i have gotten best performance using2.02

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Uniden HP-1 Open Beta

Noting comments (James O. et al..) on the No-Audio I too have experienced this at different settings and times.

Changing antenna's at 10~15 minute intervals and in a few cases when going from a P25 system to new database on Conventional and then back to P25 (Ft Worth Regional / NE Tarrant County - SIMULCAST SYSTEM)

The symptoms are same when on the P25 Systems - I get the "hit" and the channel is held, yet No Audio...

Only two ways I have been able to get audio is to completely OPEN the squelch (no bars) or power off/on...

This happens infrequently and does so on various settings in the Audio (Beta) set up using Filter A or B and Auto or manual settings...

FYI.

Bill

JamesO

Still running Beta 2.06.08 and I am in fact seeing issues still with this version.

I will do the best I can to describe what is happening.

Turn the HP1 on and often it works fine, other times turn it on and it works fine or at least appears to for fine for about the firtt 15-20 minutes, then the scanner goes silent, or at least for digital trunking systems. I do not have a much analog configured in my Favorites, but I do have a VHF Low fire dispatch simulcast which is configured into my Favorites.

What I am seeing is the HP-1 will stop and do 2 different things. Often it stops on a TG however, the display will not brighten up. Having the P25 data displayed and it never shows P25, it usually is toggling with DAT and NON. Scanner appears to be stopped on a TG for a typical conversation length, then it will usually resume.

The other behavior is the scanner will stop on a TG, the display will come up to full brightness, however, again there will be no P25 decoding. The displayed info just toggles between DAT and NON, never will the decoder actually lock on any voice traffic.

Power cycling the radio does not appear to change things immediately. Sometimes power cycling sorts things, sometimes it does not. Maybe I need to leave the scanner off a bit longer when I power cycle?

Interesting I had to stop for a job and decided to leave the scanner running to see what may happen as it had gone silent on the digital Motorla systems. I left the scanner in the Debug mode and also turned on Recording just to see if in Recording mode it would catch the scanner stopping on a TG without decoding P25 traffic. I came out to the truck about 1 1/2 hour later and the scanner had crashed and must have restarted. I had the DC power feeding the scanner and the Recharge screen was up and waiting for input. I pushed Recharge then noticed that the Debugging and Recording was not longer active, but the scanner started to decode again. I see the P25 info up and debugging again.

I was very close to one of the System transmit sites where I had stopped for the job. I then stopped to pick up lunch and realized while I was watching the P25 Error rate for a System that I was a few blocks from a transmit site and while standing still I had 0% Error rate. Once I started moving, I was no higher than 10% error rate as I was right near one of the tower sites for System I was monitoring. So I do not see this as a Simulcast or signal quality issue.

I need to go back and see if I have the Debugging logs and I also tried to Video the scanner display when it basically goes stupid and does not decode P25 traffic. I am monitoring a number of Motorola digital trunked systems and I do have a few Analog channels. I did have a situation where the Analog traffic was picked up while the Motorola digital systems were not decoding.

So what I think is going on is there is something causing the P25 decoding to stall and not work. Not sure if it is firmware issue with buffers or clocking, some form of receiver drift or what is up. Analog appears to come through fine. I need to reconfigure with some Analog Trunked 800 MHz systems and see if I can at least plug in some 400 or 800 Analog channels if I can find any in my area.

Either the firmware is having issues with slight receiver drift, there is buffer filling up, some form of clocking issue. I do not think this is a radio specific issue, but not sure if something in some of the the radios is making the P25 decoding difficult.

I will hopefully be able to post back DropBox links for the Debugging and video I captured.

Might not get this info posted up until late this weekend.

These are not encrypted TG's, it app

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I recently got my HP 1 and decided to download this version. I haven't done much P25 listening, since my county is on the fringe of moving everyone to P25, not everyone is there yet. However, I've downloaded the beta and decided to give it a spin. I have a few questions;

1. I don't have the "P25 offset" in the menu, what gives?

2. When turning on the scanner for the first time, the beta features won't kick in, it would scan as normally as if you never upgraded to the beta, right? It won't work unless you go to the audio options and tap on the lower right hand portion of the screen?

3. How do I transfer the logging info to the spread sheet, do I copy it off the folder and paste it there?

I'm about to revert to the previous firmware, do some listening and then roll it up again to the beta to make a proper comparison.

mitbr

So I have been using the latest beta on my hp 1 for awhile now and decode seems much improved.
Every once in awhile it will stutter and the audio will be garbled but generally it is working well..
I am listening on the Pinellas county FL p25 system.

Uniden are there plans to release this firmware out of beta or has it been abandoned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.