Houston County / Warner Robins, Georgia - Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE4VE

You're talking about on VHF, correct?

If they are using "Mixed mode" NXDN, they my sometimes be on analog, and sometimes on digital.

Yes, I believe so. Using the information that I received from the frequency database for Peach County and Byron, GA, those were the frequencies that I have been able to pick up randomly.
I have heard more this last week than I have ever heard all month scanning so I'm sure that they are just switching to and from NXDN to VHF.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
......so I'm sure that they are just switching to and from NXDN to VHF.

They have been on VHF for quite a while now, and on NXDN for a couple of years. What you are hearing is them going back and forth between NXDN Digital and narrowband Analog.

AE4VE

My Wildcard just picked up another TGID this morning.
TGID 110 under the HOUSTON COUNTY, GA Trunk System Frequencies.
It seemed like just a Houston County Sheriff TAC. (Talk About Channel)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
"TAC" = "Talk Around Channel" in the South ;)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Also, it looks like TG 110 falls within the city of Perry Police dept's assigned TG's, based on that alone, I would think it would be a Perry TAC, unless you heard otherwise.

AE4VE

Also, it looks like TG 110 falls within the city of Perry Police dept's assigned TG's, based on that alone, I would think it would be a Perry TAC, unless you heard otherwise.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing but one of the guys talking on TGID 110 sounded to be the same guy talking on The HCSO Ch. 2 talkgroup. But, then again, I could very well be mistaken.

AE4VE

They have been on VHF for quite a while now, and on NXDN for a couple of years. What you're hearing is them going back and forth between digital and narrowband Analog.

Ok, now I'm confused. For the last 2 days, the Wildcards I have programmed under my trunk system frequencies for Peach County, have picked up 2 TGIDs. As in digital trunking. Should this even be possible with my RS Pro-106? Or is Peach County/Byron, GA going back and forth from analog, Digital NXDN and digital trunking?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Peach county Georgia and associated local governments there are on VHF. Their radio system of choice is Kenwood, the digital format used is NXDN. You can not decode the NXDN digital signal with any "off the shelf" scanner on the market.

If they are using "Mixed mode" on their VHF NXDN system, then sometimes they will use Analog (Monitorable) and sometimes they will use Digital (Not monitorable, "static" air rushing noise)

As far as the "800 MHz" system listed here for Peach county, it is highly unlikely that Peach county is what you are actually capturing, as they do not have 800 MHz radios in their units in Peach county, and I have not heard a peep from them on the listed 800 MHz system, but their VHF NXDN system is sure buzzing along regularly.

If you are picking up traffic on an 800mhz system that is listed here as "peach county", it is probable that someone in Houston county is the one using it.

AE4VE

Well, I'm not sure. All I know for a fact is that my Wildcard picked up 2 TGIDs and both were picked up under the Peach County frequencies listed in the frequency database. One was picked up at my home and the other was picked up while riding through Peach County on I-75. I tried to pay attention but I never heard a specific location, so you could be right about possibly having Houston County popping up on the Peach County trunk system frequencies. I guess I'll just have to keep an ear out for a few details about location or agency.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well alritey then, have fun with that. Let us know what you find, sorry I can't be anymore help to you.

Can you share these TG ID's?

You could always take the short drive over to Peach county and strike up a conversation with a deputy/911 operator/EMA person/Fireman, etc. Could give you some more insight into what they are using.

nunyax

Ok, now I'm confused. For the last 2 days, the Wildcards I have programmed under my trunk system frequencies for Peach County, have picked up 2 TGIDs. As in digital trunking. Should this even be possible with my RS Pro-106? Or is Peach County/Byron, GA going back and forth from analog, Digital NXDN and digital trunking?

Regarding Peach County, this is from 08/15/2014:

The Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System covers Macon-Bibb, Monroe and now Peach counties, putting emergency services in those places on the same radio network.
Peach County won’t have to buy much in the way of equipment, but it will have a transition to make, said Peach Fire Chief Jeff Doles.

“We’ve already got an 800 (MHz) system, and we’re just tying into Macon-Bibb,” he said. The county bought its 800 MHz system several years ago, but found it too expensive then to make the full changeover from a different system, Doles said. But the 800 MHz system was kept precisely so it could link with other counties, he said. Now Peach County is hoping for funding to make a wholesale transition.

The county’s current radio system will stay as a backup, but the 800 MHz tie-in will allow Peach’s public safety personnel to communicate better, “roaming” onto surrounding systems when necessary, he said

And for Houston County:

Houston County, considering a replacement for its own emergency radio network, has been “extended an invitation” to the next meeting, he said.

Read more here: Emergency radio range expands across Middle Georgia | Latest News | Macon.com

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well maybe Peach County can find the money to bring the 800MHZ system online. The statements in the article are somewhat misleading. They were still on NXDN VHF as of last week.

Contrary to what was in the news article, Monroe county is actually using the 800MHZ system some now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.