I need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASBUFF

Hello,

I am using a pro-97. I have the pro-97 software from starrsoft.com my scanner was already programmed when I got it but I keep getting the guys down at the airport directing the taxi caps, the water department, and animal control. I want to reprogram my scanner but have no clue. here is what I was to recieve: Las Vegas City Fire, Clark County Fire, N. Las Vegas Fire, Henderson Fire, Henderson Police, N. Las Vegas Police. I see on the radio reference database, they have DEC and HEX or something like that. But I still have no clue.

Thanks in Advance,
Joe

Last edited:

TOUGHLIFE

You need to read your manual and learn how to transition from the search mode on the SNACC trunking system to scanning scan lists created on your radio for that system. This assumes that you or someone has already created scan lists with specific IDs' for the SNACC system. A scan list will contain specific talkgroup IDs' for agencies and their talkgroups that you want to hear. But first, take the time to read the manual especially information that is provided about the basics of trunked radio systems. This is very important if you want to succeed.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum Joe,

You need to program the red frequencies from the database page. Set the Type Pulldown to MOT as well as the RX Mode pulldown next to each of the 7 freqs. On the right side of the Win97 page, under the ID column, type in the 5 digit DEC number listed in the ID section of the database page. Win97 Id section provides for a 16 character text tag for each Id as well as 16 characters for the tag to the left of each freq. Type in your freqs and tags similar to those in the attached picture. The 1300.00000 FM freq is so the scanner will loop through all of the Control Channels (red freqs in the database). The duty CC will assign a voice channel (VC) for the ID when the user pushes their radio transmit key.

Notice the 5 bullets next to the ID section, clicking on each in Win97 will select another sub-bank, the picture indicates sub-bank 0. Each have room for 30 Id's for a total of 150 in the bank.

Ignore the HEX number.

Last edited:

VEGASBUFF

Hey guys,

I went to the pool today and spent the whole time figuring it then it hit me and I came on here and confirmed that on how you do it. As far as an instruction booklet my scanner did not come with one. I want to thank everybody for there help.

Thanks
Joe

LarrySC

If your scanner was already PGM'ed when you got it you should have backloaded the PGM into you WIN software. Open each bank and look for the items you listed. They can be locked out or removed. Look, Think, do more looking, do more thinking. Bingo you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.