Idea 4 Uniden = a simple 1 knob TOW TRUCK scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaserChris

if the tow is driving dangerously to get to the scene (speeding, driving on the shoulder etc).. then yes they will get a stern warning/be told " take the rest of the day off" / dont show up to any more scenes.

But in general its legal to chase isnt it? (or should we say - the 1st tow on scene gets the tow) ... long as the first tow gets to the scene was following the traffic laws and on complaints were called in.

Police turn their back more than a few times to things chasers do. Its sort of a scratch my back I scratch yours industry, the cops dont want to be on the shoulder of the highway with cars flying by for longer than they have to be.

As for the single knob scanner idea, I dont see a market for it personally, as a chaser you need to listen to everything at once, locking it on one frequency you wont make any money.

And yes PROSCAN chasing is LEGAL and these are legitimate companies!

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Chris, any of the chaser trucks here in Toronto use one radio dedicated to each talkgroup. This can mean depending on the coverage area of the tow, he'll have about a dozen radios all set up to turn on with just a switch, volumes pre-adjusted locked on one channel.

ChaserChris

Chris, any of the chaser trucks here in Toronto use one radio dedicated to each talkgroup. This can mean depending on the coverage area of the tow, he'll have about a dozen radios all set up to turn on with just a switch, volumes pre-adjusted locked on one channel.

I'm aware of how they configure their radios (check my username I am a chaser) I thought TorontoKris was suggesting one radio for their tow truck with a knob they could just switch what they were listening to, I can see now I was wrong and his idea makes some sense and if priced right could sell decently even for someone who has radios in their car that they want locked to talk groups and doesnt want to scan or mess with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.