Indian River County Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tttimw

Premium Subscriber
As of Wed late morning the 800 mhz Edacs analog system stopped working? I cannit find a data/control on the East tower/system and while there is a data/control channel for the west tower/system it will not trunk. The 153.92 IR Fire simulcast still works but only by manually selecting freq's can you hear audio which I believe is the SO, Sebastian, Fire and Vero PD etc.

If anyone knows what the changes are please post, as I'm not sure if freq's were swapped or LCN was changed etc??? Thanks btw I've verified freq's with RR and also checked with others who are experiencing the same thing ???

Thefish561

Not sure if it makes a difference but I do know for a fact that they were installing another tower site to the south, maybe that has affected things, not even sure if the new site is up yet but work looking into.

tttimw

Premium Subscriber
Follow-up: First Thanks Fish I'll look into tower, Second yesterday evening heard intermittent audio, repeater code id's, occasional techs commenting, intermittent control channel on/off/on etc. I'm still confused as to how they are functioning if scanners can't follow but they all "sound" to be functioning normally as if nothing is going on. I was hopeful aftrr last nights activity that all would return to normal by this am, but now it's completely quiet, no control channels, no nothing ??? :( :( :(

ochmewa

Indian River EDACS System

I too am having no responce from my scanners, last week the East stopped working for a day but the West was trunking but had lower audio, now neither system will trunk with the control frequencies all correct, anyone finding the new control channels please post. Thank You

tttimw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for Saving my sanity

Thanks Scott,

I have been trying to research this for 2 days now, practically driving myself crazy, had some frequencies, couldn't find control channels - the list goes on, I had also written to John @ CFLRR, and he was not aware of it Thursday. Am just glad to find the correct list, and have confirmed it works fine.

So thanks again.

Tim

As per info here East Central Florida Scanner Page they have rebanded on the east system, and will be doing so on west soon.

Scott/WB2UZR

ochmewa

Indian River County EDACS System

As per info here East Central Florida Scanner Page they have rebanded on the east system, and will be doing so on west soon.

Scott/WB2UZR

Thank You So Much for the New Indian River Frequencys It helped me get my scanners all trunking again, if and when they change the West tower Frequencies I would appreaciate it if you may let me know,I can be reached at ochmewa@aol.com

knightsquad

Oh no! LOL

How the heck do I make these changes guys? I to cannot hear anything anymore.
I initially just downloaded the file and was done with it!
I have no idea where to start to make these needed changes.
Can anyone help me out?
I've got the Radio Shack Pro106

tttimw

Premium Subscriber
Knight

You pretty much have 3 options: A if you,re a full member here see if they've updated and if so you can download the update and then install to your 106. B you can learn how to manually edit the objects in the 106, if you have User's manual page 44 deals with this, if not go here PRO-106 39,000-Channel Digital Handheld Scanner - RadioShack.com , click in sheets manual 2008. Or C: You can find someone to program for you, personally I programmed one for a Friend, and it has to be the most complicated scanner I've come across, and I've been doing this for a long time, either way wish you luck.

knightsquad

I dont know where to enter them.
When I originally set up the scanner I simply downloaded the file
and just uploaded it to the scanner with Win500
I never registered Win500 so I would need to enter these new frequencies manually,
but I have no idea where to do it..

tttimw

Premium Subscriber
knight,

Do you have the user's manual, as you're going to have to do some reading to learn how to edit 'objects' In that unit ?

knightsquad

I know how to get in the radio and make changes but I don't know
what to change.
Was in their last night and everything looked fine but I'm obvioulsy
missing something.
I don't know, I may just sell this scanner, this is a pain in the ***........

knightsquad

Hmm,
That was easy!
I wasn't sure exactly what to change. I found all the frequencies and changed
only those and all is good now.
Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.