Indiana radio scanner problems like the big companies like in the stores

Tomcu96

Hello everyone I'm doing a project for school on the radio scanner problems in Indiana facing big companies like Walmart. Many ones that we can't listen like at Sam's Club with the phones on their apps. plus Indiana is facing some problems with the buses in the Bloomington area. So I've been doing some thinking on that we don't we help local places in Indiana that love radio scanners. I hope everyone is having a good day take care

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Hello! It's great to hear that you're working on a project about radio scanner problems in Indiana, particularly those faced by big companies like Walmart. It seems like there are issues with certain locations, such as Sam's Club, where their phones and apps prevent listening. Additionally, Indiana is experiencing problems with buses in the Bloomington area.

Your idea of helping local places in Indiana that enjoy radio scanners is commendable. Supporting local businesses and communities can have a positive impact. If you have any specific questions or need assistance with your project, feel free to ask. Have a great day!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone I'm doing a project for school on the radio scanner problems in Indiana

These aren't problems, it is advances in technology, the move to cellphone apps, encryption and new modes are happening around the country and there is little anyone can do about it. Companies like you mentioned, as well as governments and public safety, have a right to protect the communications from being heard. Perhaps you'd be better off exploring the many things that are still available to listen to, rather than fighting a losing battle to convince private businesses to stop keeping the radio traffic private. Just a thought, but hey good luck!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So these are perceived "problems" from a listener's perspective? Retailers like Walmart, Sam's Club, etc have mostly made the move from MURS & analog conventional business frequencies to frequency-hopping spread spectrum operations (Motorola DLR & similar radios) which aren't monitorable by consumer-grade scanners. The fact that the listening public can no longer monitor their ops is of ZERO concern to the aforementioned retailers so the best we hobbyists can do is to move on to less mundane things to listen to...

plus Indiana is facing some problems with the buses in the Bloomington area.
Care to elaborate? What problems? What specific bus companies? Bloomington Transit is monitorable with the right equipment (assuming RR database accuracy of course)

Last edited: