• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:

Is it possible to email a feed owner

Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2013
I was looking to email a feed owner and ask that they provide another NYC police frequency. I know that there is no way to request a feed from Radio Reference however, is it possible to request a frequency from an exsiting feed provider?


Premium Subscriber
Mar 5, 2006
Brunswick County, NC
You can contact a feed provider either by e-mail (if they allow it), private message or by clicking on the "report a problem" button on their feed page. Choose "other" for the problem type and then fill out the text box with your frequency request for them to consider. As feed providers are volunteers, they may or may not respond right away or even honor the request to add a frequency, but it's worth asking. As a provider of feeds here, I try to respond to similar requests myself as quickly as I can.
Not open for further replies.