Jacksonville Changes in Control Channels or New Additions?

peasoup02

Premium Subscriber
Sometime over this past weekend, it seems something changed in the system. I don't have "Trunker," so I can't determine if any new frequencies have been added for control channel(s). My Unication G4s have worked for years, and now they're not. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide.

falseflage85

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same thing. Checked my XG-100P and verified the CC's against my Code plug and still hearing nothing. It's not a Phase2 Enablement as that would have transitioned correctly. There is either a major system issue or CC Change that was done. Radio Was working Saturday with no issues.

peasoup02

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same thing. Checked my XG-100P and verified the CC's against my Code plug and still hearing nothing. It's not a Phase2 Enablement as that would have transitioned correctly. There is either a major system issue or CC Change that was done. Radio Was working Saturday with no issues.
Thanks for the reply. I am noticing that the two feeds on Broadcastify are still operational, so it might somehow be radio-specific, or the feed provider(s) quickly identified the issue and corrected it.

falseflage85

Premium Subscriber
I did notice that the RSSI on the 4 Control Channels show 130 but cycle to 94 at times. May test and remove the Control Channels one by one to see if there is a working Control Channel.

falseflage85

Premium Subscriber
I sent a message to WSMoore who appears to be the one updating the TG's and database info over all for the First Coast Radio Trunk System. I Will let you know if I hear back from them.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Well if the feed person is using a traditional scanner or RTL SDR type set up, then it wont rely on correct system ID or site ID info. YOur radio and the G4 require correct System ID and Site id and control channel. So if they didnt change frequencies for CC then my GUESS is they have made a system change in either the Site ID or System ID or both. Running trunker or unitrunker or even an SDS100 can show this info. Unfortunately i am in a different state so cant help with that. But the G4 does allow you to use wildcards for site ID and i think system ID. OR the other option is leave the system and site id alone and enable full spectrum scan and see if a new control channel pops up.

wsmoore

Database Admin
Right now the Regular CC of 855.2125 is active and I am receiving. I will check remaining 3 CC on unitrunker when I get home! I hear Radio Techs working on something right now ,but not sure if it is a radio or system.

wsmoore

Database Admin
Still the same on SDS100.
WACN BEE00
SYSTEM ID 03BD
RDSS ID 1

It is showing site 2 which site 1 is Prime Simulcast. They may be doing work on Backup System again. Let me see if I can hear a second CC channel running . If it is you maybe getting hung up on that !

peasoup02

Premium Subscriber
Still the same on SDS100.
WACN BEE00
SYSTEM ID 03BD
RDSS ID 1

It is showing site 2 which site 1 is Prime Simulcast. They may be doing work on Backup System again. Let me see if I can hear a second CC channel running . If it is you maybe getting hung up on that !
Thanks for the help.

falseflage85

Premium Subscriber
Have there been any additional updates to the system. My understanding is they were still moving the equipment from JEA to the Wells Fargo building but I'm not sure if they're still in the same condition. I know that my radio still showing no control channels. My assumption is they were operating on the backup system yesterday but I'm not sure about today.

peasoup02

Premium Subscriber
Have there been any additional updates to the system. My understanding is they were still moving the equipment from JEA to the Wells Fargo building but I'm not sure if they're still in the same condition. I know that my radio still showing no control channels. My assumption is they were operating on the backup system yesterday but I'm not sure about today.
I don't know if this will help, but the changes I made on my Unication G4 are that I changed the RFSS and Site details in the programming software. I left RFSS as 1 but changed the Site to 2. That, along with including ALL the frequencies assigned to the Simulcast site (just in case that was the problem before trying the site change step), fixed the issue, and was able to reconnect with the system.

falseflage85

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this will help, but the changes I made on my Unication G4 are that I changed the RFSS and Site details in the programming software. I left RFSS as 1 but changed the Site to 2. That, along with including ALL the frequencies assigned to the Simulcast site (just in case that was the problem before trying the site change step), fixed the issue, and was able to reconnect with the system.
Switching to Site 2 Fixed my issue Thank you.