• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Kansas roll call

gupie1

Premium Subscriber
I really need to get an external antenna to pickup more. It works great to pick up fire and PD here in hutch.

gupie1

Premium Subscriber
Redneck0410

How high off the ground do you have it mounted? My setup is in the basement and need to run coax up to wherever I mount my external. Just want to get an idea so I only have to mount it one time to get the best coverage.

Redneck0410

Premium Subscriber
Mine is just sitting in my bedroom window on the second floor of an apartment building. It's not the most ideal setup, but for the local 800 stuff here, it works surprisingly well. All my windows face north, so it catches the tower at the KDOT yard with no problem. There really isn't much more traffic you would be able to pick up on the towers here than what you already are. I have every KSICS tower in the state programmed into my scanner and only rarely do I hear other traffic on these towers. Most of that comes from an officer's radio affiliating with the towers here. That is what drags traffic across the state. Most of that happens with an officer going to KLETC south of Yoder.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

WQZB703

I just recently received my GMRS call sign and live in west Wichita. Havnt purchased any equipment yet still deciding on that. Just from reading posts here many have recommended commercial equipment over others.

Cruiser306

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I mostly listen to my local city police & fire, & Jefferson County. McLouth & Jefferson county recently started the switch over to P25 so I had to invest in a digital scanner. Got a Uniden HP2 & a BCD536HP.

danielhp89

Jewell County here, Kenwood Dealer, service most of NCK. If stuff in NCK is dropping off of your scanner it's because we are switching them to Kenwood NXDN.

KX0Z

Shawnee County here. I work in the 911 communications center. Been here 24 years. I have about 4 more to go and I'm out of here. Co-worker recently got my interest back up in scanning. I dont really listen to our system, as I talk on it every day.

KX0Z

Jason here from Hutchinson.

I've been using a BC200XLT since the early 90's. Just bought a PRO-106 to be ready when Hutch and Reno co. switch.

I listen to local public safety in addition to railroads and occasionally aircraft.

That was my 1st scanner, I spent hours and hours listening with that. I remember listening to the KTA when the Andover tornado came through. 49mhz cordless phones, baby monitors and Johnson county fire from here in Topeka.. I still have it, although the battery died long ago, and it doesn't always turn on when I get power to it..