• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Laird Technologies CRX450 Antenna for GMRS

K4EET

Chaplain
Just bought the last Laird Technologies CRX450 Antenna in stock at a major technology warehouse for use as a GMRS base station antenna that turned out to be defective. Laird’s phoņe numbers are disconnected (they apparently went out of business) and the distributor now lists the antenna as discontinued. My purchase was credited.

Laird Technologies bought Cushcraft’s commercial line of Ringo-type antennas and MFJ bought Cushcraft’s amateur radio line of Ringo-type antennas. The Laird Technologies CRX450 was a Ringo Ranger style antenna in the 450 MHz to 470 MHz range.

Does anybody know if Laird Technologies sold the commercial Ringo-type antenna line to another company before they shut down their operations? I’ve had a mix of four or five Ringos, Ringo Rangers, and now Ringo Ranger IIs in service since the mid-1970s. I would hate to see these antennas go the way of the dinosaurs. At least MFJ still sells the amateur radio line of Ringo-type antennas.

Thanks, Dave

K4EET

Chaplain
Being TE bought out Laird and still lists the antenna on the website did you reach out to them ?

Thanks for the tip. I have now contacted TE Connectivity and they too have discontinued this line of antennas. They suggested that I submit an email to info@te.com requesting any further public information especially pertaining to the product line potentially being sold to another company or if the product line is shut down and still under the control of TE Connectivity. Maybe MFJ will pick up the commercial line of Ringo-type antennas.