Life flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESCUE4NFD

I checked and found a web site for LifeFlight Eagle and found they are owned by PHI Medical Helicopters,so you might check the FCC site for a license for LifeFlight Eagle or PHI..hope this helps

IceT

Life Flight frequencies

Loook in the database for Madison county trunked. Life Flight uses the same RACOM trunk frequencies Norfolk PD uses. ID is 1901 or 1902

Last edited:

IceT

Life Flight

Actually the offical name is Life Net Air Medical Services and they are or were owned by by Rocky Mountain Helicopters or Rocky Mountain Holdings out of Colorado. Life Flight is a different AirMed service. I don't think they operate in Nebraska.

IceT

Lifenet web site

The Lifenet Air Medical service has a web site at www.lifenetairmed.com. I reported in last post that they were owned by Rocky Mountain Helicopters. I'm behind times. Rocky Mountain Helicopters was bought by Rocky Moluntain Holdings who were aquired by Air Methods who now run Lifenet. They do run on the Norfolk trunk frequencies. I might have mis-reported the talkgroup numbers though. The dispatch center goes by LifeCom on the air.

jakegday

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
from my experience, they use the agency their helpings frequency, the 2 times ive seen them land in fremont, they used 154.415, cuz thats what the city fire department uses, i saw an accident out in the county one time that needed 2 life flights, 1 from omaha, 1 from norfolk, that time they both used 156.030 to talk to the dodge county dispatch, then the dispatcher relayed all the info to the scene, i have also heard them use 39.9 a couple times (in which case you NEED a low band antenna)

they dont have their own specific frequency

edit: after thinking about it for a minute, when the 2 helicopters came to the wreck out in the country, the 1 from omaha used 156.030 and the 1 from norfolk used 39.9, and if anyone is wondering, it takes a helicopter less then 20 minutes to get from norfolk to southern dodge county, they dont waste ANY time

Last edited:

IceT

Lifenet

They dispatch and maintain flight following on the Norfolk Trunked Frequencies. I live in Norfolk so I don't hear them on scene only when they are disaptched and are enroute to the hospital.

jakegday said:
from my experience, they use the agency their helpings frequency, the 2 times ive seen them land in fremont, they used 154.415, cuz thats what the city fire department uses, i saw an accident out in the county one time that needed 2 life flights, 1 from omaha, 1 from norfolk, that time they both used 156.030 to talk to the dodge county dispatch, then the dispatcher relayed all the info to the scene, i have also heard them use 39.9 a couple times (in which case you NEED a low band antenna)

they dont have their own specific frequency

edit: after thinking about it for a minute, when the 2 helicopters came to the wreck out in the country, the 1 from omaha used 156.030 and the 1 from norfolk used 39.9, and if anyone is wondering, it takes a helicopter less then 20 minutes to get from norfolk to southern dodge county, they dont waste ANY time

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
Life Flight used to operate on 155.325 and SkyMed was on 155.220 mHz.
I havent listened to those frequencies in years, so I don't know if they're still on.
I remember hearing St. Joseph Hospital (now Creighton) talking to the LF chopper
after lift off and giving the crew updated information while enroute to the scene.
UNMC did the same for SkyMed.

Status
Not open for further replies.