Macomb County Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey60

Two pending applications on the FCC site for the Macomb County system. File numbers 0002412776 and 0002412795...

Frequencies: 866.0625, 866.1375, 866.1875, 866.7625, 867.9500

Mike

MacombMonitor

Based on this, and the tower construction taking place, has there been an actual date set for Macomb County to change over to digital?

Thanks!

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
Based on this, and the tower construction taking place, has there been an actual date set for Macomb County to change over to digital?

Thanks!
I don't think there is an actual date yet, but based on the article on Southern Macomb grant money. It looks like 6 months before they start on air testing. I have heard that they have all their frequencies and that they are being supplied by the state.

mikey60

Purely a guess at the moment, but I expect the state will relicense the frequencies on the current Mt. Clemens tower, which will get them up to 11 frequencies, and then take some from other nearby towers to make up the rest (Possibly those from the old Detroit tower that are no longer in use)... Exactly how that's going to play out we'll see over the coming months as there are no other pending licenses that I can see...

Mike

Last edited:

seamusg

mikey60 said:
Purely a guess at the moment, but I expect the state will relicense the frequencies on the current Mt. Clemens tower, which will get them up to 11 frequencies, and then take some from other nearby towers to make up the rest (Possibly those from the old Detroit tower that are no longer in use)... Exactly how that's going to play out we'll see over the coming months as there are no other pending licenses that I can see...

Mike
One thing to remember is that all frequency use has to get aproval from Canada before the FCC will aprove it. Macomb is inside the A line.

mikey60

I'm well aware of that, thanks.

Why do I expect the Mt. Clemens frequencies to be used? Since they are already licensed in the county (very close to the center of the county I might add), the probability of being able to be coordinated and licensed to these 9 towers is very good.

The unused frequencies from Tower 209 (which are still licensed in Detroit) might be an option to add to Macomb County, however it might be too close to the Sandusky site, which uses those same frequencies.

Where the other frequencies will come from to get up to the 18 or 19 that the recent reports have shown is the question. The 5 pending, plus the Mt. Clemens frequencies would get them to 11. The other 7 or 8 have to come from somewhere else.

Edit: Just noticed that the pending license already takes a frequency from Richmond, 867.9500.

Mike

Last edited:

mikey60

jsmeed said:
Also keep in mind the Romeo tower is in Macomb county. Those frequencies could be used for the system as well.

Actually the Romeo tower is just inside Oakland county, but barely... I wouldn't be suprised if they take some from that site though...

Mike

bigbluemsp

mikey60 said:
Actually the Romeo tower is just inside Oakland county, but barely... I wouldn't be suprised if they take some from that site though...

Mike

Yes that tower is actually in the village or just outside the village of Leonard.

mikey60

There are now two pending licenses for the State of Michigan for these sites as well. These licenses will add 12 more frequencies to make a total of 17 frequencies on the sites... (Note the licenses for Macomb county on the other 5 frequencies have been granted).

Frequencies are (Source in parenthesis):
866.3750 (New)
866.4250 (New)
866.4375 (Old Detroit 209)
866.9000 (Mt. Clemens)
866.9875 (Romeo)
867.3875 (New)
867.4875 (Romeo)
867.6750 (Richmond)
867.7375 (New)
867.9875 (Romeo)
868.2625 (Richmond)
868.9875 (Romeo)

Mike

MacombMonitor

seamusg said:
yes with I believe nine sites and 17 freqs.

Do you think we'll encounter the same issues we're having with Detroit's simulcast system, here in Macomb?

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
Do you think we'll encounter the same issues we're having with Detroit's simulcast system, here in Macomb?
I hope not, but will have a tower close by (the jail). I don't know what will be close to 25 Mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.