Madison County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsmith82391

There's one at Nestlé as well. I can see both from where I am. Pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

jtsmith82391

Nestle themselves use a DMR system now. I hear them S of Fortville
I think the helicopter was actually over the new NTN plant, not Nestlé, putting HVAC equipment or something on the roof. It just happened to be in the air at the same time as the one at the fire training grounds. Interesting to watch nonetheless.

Viper43

I think the helicopter was actually over the new NTN plant, not Nestlé, putting HVAC equipment or something on the roof. It just happened to be in the air at the same time as the one at the fire training grounds. Interesting to watch nonetheless.

Wasnt me talking about helicopter. I was just mentioning that Nestle changed to DMR...

jtsmith82391

Okay, does anyone have any idea what frequencies Madison county will be using on the new IDPS sys 4? I may be getting ahead of myself lol

afdscan

Here's some more photos from the tower installation at the Firefighter's Training Center.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 524
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 495
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 488
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

Dispatch2323

Has anyone seen the radius map from Motorola to show county coverage? Freq list and talkgroup template should be done if they are testing soon.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Coverage footprint will extend officially only 5 or so miles outside of MadCo borders...... But the reality will be much farther. I have not seen the details of the Hamilton Co/Madison Co interop arrangements so dont know if MadCo units will have automatic ability to roam onto the IDPS S3 (Hamilton Co) system or not. I do know that the SAFE-T will be in all MadCO radios and if they need to jump into other surrounding County Jurisdictions, they can go SAFE-T at a button press/knob turn.

afdscan

It might be easier to find Hillary's deleted emails than to have the people "in the know" to release the frequencies and talkgroup ID's for the new IDPS S4. They must have taken an oath of secrecy. Oh well, it will eventually be made known... probably next month.

scansalot52

Just a guess, you might start with the frequencies that were LTR. There is a possibility that some of those will be used as they are already licensed.
TG tags are probably set since radios have to be programmed to be handed out.
Eventually a chart of the ID# may appear (probably through WikiLeaks, JK!!)
Radios will probably have to be distributed soon to meet the estimated date of the switch and that was to coincide with the opening of the new EOC. I don't think I've violated any oaths. lol

afdscan

Just a guess, you might start with the frequencies that were LTR. There is a possibility that some of those will be used as they are already licensed.
TG tags are probably set since radios have to be programmed to be handed out.
Eventually a chart of the ID# may appear (probably through WikiLeaks, JK!!)
Radios will probably have to be distributed soon to meet the estimated date of the switch and that was to coincide with the opening of the new EOC. I don't think I've violated any oaths. lol

Do you speculate the old county LTR or the old city LTR frequencies? I think the county Highway Dept. is still using the county frequencies and the city is still being used by Anderson CATS buses.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
System will go live if no further dealys betweem 2200 Haloween and 2400 All Saints Day. If they dont move it up... or back ...

Dispatch2323

I put in the old LTR frequencies but they don't seem active on the new system (yet). Still looking for system 4 frequencies and talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.