Malicious Site Warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We had some malicious Javascript inserted into a few components of the site starting at about 3:00 PM yesterday. As of right now we have re-imaged all of our Web servers and patched to the latest levels as a precaution, in addition to numerous other "items" to keep close tabs on the situation.

As of right now, the site is completely free of any malicious content, and we are actively working with Google to get the block removed. Google moves VERY slowly in these cases, doesn't communicate well with Webmasters, and doesn't provide any updates on when the block will be removed. All we can do is request they remove the block and at some point it will happen.

Thanks for your patience and I'll update the thread if I have ANY further details.

nbdyspclk

by lowering my java security settings from high(recommended),i was able to finally access.then changed settings back to high,seems to run ok now

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Firefox with NoScript and Adblock Plus enabled keeps the bad guys out. ;)

Confuzzled

I've seen similar threads on other VBBoards recently. It's always the Chrome and FF users screaming, yet nothing significant is ever found except a bad ad or two.

Some sites get upset if you discuss how to protect yourself against those.

I don't use Chrome. I don't use FF. I take other precautions. I don't see the warnings, valid or not.

Patrick Ver Vooren
I still cannot get onto the RadioReference.com website
I still get the warning about the site and i use FireFox as my Browser i type in the website and still have the same problem.
But if i type in the website using internet Explore 9 i have no problem with the website

Patrick Ver Vooren
E-mail Pat31365@verizon.net

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I've seen similar threads on other VBBoards recently. It's always the Chrome and FF users screaming, yet nothing significant is ever found except a bad ad or two.

Some sites get upset if you discuss how to protect yourself against those.

I don't use Chrome. I don't use FF. I take other precautions. I don't see the warnings, valid or not.

Personally I'd rather say something and have it turn out to be nothing then say nothing and find out it was something.

Better safe than sorry.

FWIW I run Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and neither hit on this, but like I said .....

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
UPDATE: I've received an unconfirmed report that RadioReference has been removed from the blacklist and we are no longer blocked. However, I suspect it will take at least a few hours for the update to propagate across the internet.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

For future reference, for me the Android phone (and tablet) let me on RR.

dupree617

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for keeping us informed about this. I know that when I got off work last night I wasn't able to get on. I had about the same warnings as everyone else did. Thank you.

Mike Dupree

Bujinkan

tmp files are temporary files ,perhaps for caching purposes.
but u said "and other processes'' what are there names than ? and where are they referring to ?

After a long scan it showed a couple viruses and trojans. Virus was Mal Xin12. Trojans were Troj ZeroA.SM3; Troj Sirefef.DAm; Troj Sirefef.DD; and Troj Sirefef.CA. There was also a folder under local settings\application data\theiexplorer.com with two folders under it that had various characters at the end of the names making the name about 30 characters or so long.

No such issues with Linux machines running Firefox other than the Malicious site warnings and things not looking right. Last night on a Windows box I continually received pop ups to install Flash running IE browsing the Forums which I canceled each time.

Definitely not just a Javascript issue.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Is it just me but all the timestamps of posting are two hours behind.

Was not the case yesterday.

troshs

@ car55...check your timezone settings in your user control panel. I had to fix mine yesterday.
As for me, I didn't get any warnings when first logging on to RR, but after I logged out, I got a Java update. Didn't think anything of it till I checked other sites. Viruses apparently are there because my boyfriend is on the computer which is in question and my Advanced System Care program is going bonkers. The thing about those Java updates is there really isn't much of a way to tell if they are fake unless you get a virus afterwards. I'm on the Mac now with no problems.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
This is not the first time I seen it :roll::roll:I thought what ever the problem is the owner of this site will fix it ASAP .I was not sure if malware it this site or not or if it was false positive.

I have seen this on other sites in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.