Manchester Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Enter it in a custom favorite list.
If you are limiting yourself to the RR database, you are missing quite a bit.

chris

APX7500X2

chris

I would have to agree, a bunch of stuff is not listed and about 30% of the information that is listed is wrong.

Iv sent in corrections that are changed 2 months later back to the incorrect information.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I would have to agree, a bunch of stuff is not listed and about 30% of the information that is listed is wrong.

Iv sent in corrections that are changed 2 months later back to the incorrect information.

LOL I thought I was the only one this happened to

bobmich52

chris

Well, we tried your custom list idea, Just put in The MPD & ran my 396 T next to it

396t was receiving MPD well, HP1 received nothing

I'm @ wits end on this, since I'm in Manchester all the time & they are a good listen

What am I missing now here??

Just 4 kicks, I dug out my 996 & 796 from the graveyard 2 see if MPD would work without updates of Db/firmware.

Worked great on both, Go figure

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Well, we tried your custom list idea, Just put in The MPD & ran my 396 T next to it

Just 4 kicks, I dug out my 996 & 796 from the graveyard 2 see if MPD would work without updates of Db/firmware.

Worked great on both, Go figure

No reason the 996 and 796 should not have worked great no matter the firmware, Manchester is only P25 conventional. The 996 is far superior to the HP1 for 95% of the monitoring in CT.

Its Great that Uniden came out with the 996 that does P25 P2 now. Ill get a few before CSP goes P25 P2 summer 2016.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I haven't committed yet to Phase II scanners as I want to see what the first true Whistler scanner is like. But I do like my 30 or so Uniden scanners. :)

chris

SVFC462

Premium Subscriber
I hear them fine with all my scanners (BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCD996P2) and radios (TK-5820 / TK-5310K6). I have never had a problem with any of my scanners.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I don't understand it...

I'm having trouble trying to figure out why your HP-1 can't receive MPD.

I can pick up MPD Ch-1 on my 396T, my 436HP, and my HP-1 and comms are loud and clear. Of my three scanners, the 436HP and the HP-1 will decode the NAC 510 whereas the 396T won't, but will show it as P25 voice.

Do you have the MPD Ch-1 set with CTCSS/DCS? Or did you set it as a permanent AVOID? I cannot see why the HomePatrol will not receive this otherwise.

Sorry, but I'm at a loss to understand what is happening with it.

Russell

bobmich52

I'm having trouble trying to figure out why your HP-1 can't receive MPD.

I can pick up MPD Ch-1 on my 396T, my 436HP, and my HP-1 and comms are loud and clear. Of my three scanners, the 436HP and the HP-1 will decode the NAC 510 whereas the 396T won't, but will show it as P25 voice.

Do you have the MPD Ch-1 set with CTCSS/DCS? Or did you set it as a permanent AVOID? I cannot see why the HomePatrol will not receive this otherwise.

Sorry, but I'm at a loss to understand what is happening with it.

Russell

I'm @ a loss too.

It received MPD 1 no prob b4 they did their changeover

When I get a few this wknd, i'll look @ your suggestions, But as far as I know, I have not locked it out, ctcss/dcs, Honestly I have no clue about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.