MARCS - How Many Towers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Hello Everyone. Here's another one of those MARCS questions.....How many MARCS sites can you hear on your Pro2096 or Pro96?

From work, I can hear the Carmel Church (Jackson County) site at around 60%, Gallipolis (Gallia Co) at 99%, Lecta (Gallia Co) bounces between 33-49% in the daytime, (That is probably one of their tallest towers on the highest points in the state) Oak Hill (Jackson County) at around 3-9% and Wilksville (Meigs Co) at around 2-3%....

I'm using the Antenna Craft ST2 antenna covering 30 to 1300 MHz covering the major scanner bands: 30-50, 148-174, 440-470, 470-512, 800-912 MHz for the office.

I just got a one of those antennas for home & am going to try to get it up this weekend.

Just curious....Thanks for your responses....Steve/Gallia 911 :cool:

FPO703

From my parents place, in SE Cleveland, I can get the Beachwood, Richfield, Downtown Cleevland sites. On a good day, I can also get the Strongsville, Cleveland Hopkins, Chesterland, and a few others.

From my home in Ashtabula, I can get the Ashtabula cite with 100%, on a good day, maybe the Cherry Valley, LErCI, Hamden, & Lake County sites as well.

SLWilson

SE Ohio Hills

FPO703 said:
From my parents place, in SE Cleveland, I can get the Beachwood, Richfield, Downtown Cleevland sites. On a good day, I can also get the Strongsville, Cleveland Hopkins, Chesterland, and a few others. From my home in Ashtabula, I can get the Ashtabula cite with 100%, on a good day, maybe the Cherry Valley, LErCI, Hamden, & Lake County sites as well.

Our problem here in SE Ohio is the HILLS !!!! Just too many of 'em to hear much on the 800Mhz systems....Not in that ole line of sight!!!!

Steve :confused:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
SLWilson said:
Hello Everyone. Here's another one of those MARCS questions.....How many MARCS sites can you hear on your Pro2096 or Pro96?

Hmmmm, lessee.....

Columbus
Orient
Circleville
London
Lancaster
Pleasant Valley
Richmonddale
Bainbridge
Sugar Grove

When the wind blows the right way I can also hear New Lexington and Granville.

Tom WA8PYR

SLWilson

wa8pyr said:
Hmmmm, lessee.....Columbus, Orient, Circleville, London, Lancaster, Pleasant Valley, Richmonddale, Bainbridge, Sugar Grove, When the wind blows the right way I can also hear New Lexington and Granville.
Tom WA8PYR

I'm JEALOUS !!!!!! :p
Just WAY TOO MANY hills down this way !!!
Steve/Gallia

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
SLWilson said:
I'm JEALOUS !!!!!! :p
Just WAY TOO MANY hills down this way !!!
Steve/Gallia

And the ones I pick up come in with just the whip on the handheld; reception varies but they're all good copy...

Tom

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
On a daily basis I get :

Dayton
Lebanon
Oxford (College Corner)
Greenhills

When the wind blows just right:

Clarksville
Loveland
Cincinnati

Matthew

I have a PRO96 so let's see...

College Corner....97% - 99%
Greenhills...........99%
Northbend..........93% - 95%
Cincinnati...........99%
Cherry Grove......30% - 50%
Loveland............05% (Depending where my scanner is located)
Lebanon............15% - 30% (Depending where my scanner is located)

And that is all I have programmed into the scanner right now, for MARCS anyways.

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.