MBTS Frequencies

IronLegioner

Premium Subscriber
hey everyone,

been popping in here and there and visiting my mother in Manchester from my home out in Arizona lately...

I was here in August and October/Nov and could hear MBTS PD and FD clear as day with a simple Uniden scanner even... haven't heard a peep in quite awhile though for the last month I've been here. anyone heard traffic in awhile or know something I don't and could prove me wrong?

thanks & happy saturday!

petereye

Premium Subscriber
Manchester By the Sea police 472.2375 pl 131.8
fire 483.700 pl 156.7
according to the info I found both frequencies were active back in the fall
the license is expected to expire in march 2024

WIG751 maybe going digital?

Last edited:

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB-WA1-BZG
Premium Subscriber
OK thanks was just stumped by the MBTS Dont hear to much about them here in Metro West Boston

petereye

Premium Subscriber
Manchester Police went P25 back in December, NAC 526
Just curious how did you come across that info? i have searched the FCC site and found frequency and site info and application in August but no emission info

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Just curious how did you come across that info? i have searched the FCC site and found frequency and site info and application in August but no emission info
There are many ways members get information. Searching, having contacts in departments, radio shops, etc.
Searching however is the biggest one.

petereye

Premium Subscriber
Thats why I asked because all the info I found didnt show any change in December I just wanted to know if the info came from the FCC or personal info. Just trying to up my search game and learn

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Thats why I asked because all the info I found didnt show any change in December I just wanted to know if the info came from the FCC or personal info. Just trying to up my search game and learn
I understand. Personal information. DB information both here and over at Scan New England are 100% based on confirmations. Not FCC data. (The FCC data is used to fill in the holes sometimes, such as repeater or call sign..)

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
In this case, I work for a radio shop that programs the radios of a nearby town to Manchester, and they were sent the info from Manchester and asked us to reprogram the channel in their radios.

ecps92

hey everyone,

been popping in here and there and visiting my mother in Manchester from my home out in Arizona lately...

I was here in August and October/Nov and could hear MBTS PD and FD clear as day with a simple Uniden scanner even... haven't heard a peep in quite awhile though for the last month I've been here. anyone heard traffic in awhile or know something I don't and could prove me wrong?

thanks & happy saturday!
As others have pointed out, changes occurred. That said, most changes can easily be found by Removing PL/DPL/NAC and programming that channels for "AUTO" aka Auto-Detect and then if different from the RRDB make a DB submissions. All submissions on RR and SNE are made by users who determined (OTA - OVER THE AIR) that xyz changed to zyx etc

petereye

Premium Subscriber
In this case, I work for a radio shop that programs the radios of a nearby town to Manchester, and they were sent the info from Manchester and asked us to reprogram the channel in their radios.
Thank you that explains it for me I find Searching the FCC to be very confusing . I would expect the FCC to have that info available. Maybe I am not searching the correct way but it is the FCC. Back in the 70's I worked for a couple Radio shops, much has changed.

Last edited:

ecps92

Thank you that explains it for me I find Searching the FCC to be very confusing . I would expect the FCC to have that info available. Maybe I am not searching the correct way but it is the FCC. Back in the 70's I worked for a couple Radio shops, much has changed.
The FCC nor it's Federal Partner Agency (the folks who handle Federal Agency Licensing) the NTIA do not care or track the PL/DPL or NAC

The FCC tracks Emissions and Locations with Frequencies