Michigan rebanding info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Based on how many towers already have been done, that last PDF file shows not quite as many as the other couple weeks and it ends on Thursday leads me to believe they will start proceeding south probably?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
From what I remember, the plan is to move southward with Zones 4, 3, 1, 2, and 7 being completed in that order. This project should be very interesting, especially when it takes place in the latter of the five zones. I am just wondering if they will wait until nighttime to reband the Detroit Simulcast system, since it would be the less busier time of the day for them?

73's

Ron

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I am just wondering if they will wait until nighttime to reband the Detroit Simulcast system, since it would be the less busier time of the day for them?

73's

Ron

Night time less busier in ... "Detroit?" oh har har your funny Tbolt ! hehe ;)

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
Looks like all the stand alone sites in zone 2 are scheduled to be rebanded in those two weeks as specified by the last MPSCS memo. It appears that they are saving all the simulcast sites for last.

CapnJon

I'll have to reread my manual but I'm all confused about the re-banding. I entered my areas new freq's and then on the local towers I get the data noise but I made sure the data skip was on. I have a BC796D. I have to lock out the local towers that stop the scan. Any suggestions?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ordinarily all you need to do is just put in - even just replace the old frequencies is all thats needed. A search on this website may help you out, be advised you wont need to put in frequency offsets, steps, lower, upper frequencies other states require.
I suspect since your using a 796D not too many have any first hand experience with it to help out, I sure dont.

CapnJon

Okay! I got it. After going over the manual again I saw what I did wrong. I was entering the freq's as conventional and not entering them under the trunking menu. After I went over the trunking commands and initiated the first freq's steps it all fell into place.

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
I'm updating my scanner with the rebanded frequencies. I'm looking through this MPSCS bulletin http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mpscs/MPSCS_B2013-10_439483_7.pdf and it says that the Conference of East Wayne tower was supposed to re rebanded on Nov. 19. However the database has not been updated for that tower. Can anyone confirm that is has rebanded or is it still using the old frequencies.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently listening to them on the current or old freqs.

RadioRon

Update was suppose to be last Tuesday, but noone told CEW. To be reschedule .........

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The CEW site, was not rebanded since they had no commercial power that day, and the system was operating on emergency backup power. They along with the New Baltimore site will be rebanded in the future, unless the former of the two has been completed the other day?

73's

Ron

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Did rebanding hit the Western Wayne towers? I have no traffic coming across, and see no signal for CCs.

Sent from Tapatalk

bauta106

Premium Subscriber
I have been following the PDF links with regard to the rebanding schedule. However I see know mention of Genessee county. My scanner is still working. Did I miss something? Does anyone know when my county will reband?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Appears as they did in other states i.e. Ohio, they're doing simulcast ones till the end, Saginaw, Lapeer also haven't been mentioned.

szron

Premium Subscriber
I haven't changed anything in my scanner and I'm picking up everything good here in Livonia. I guess simulcast will be last.

Status
Not open for further replies.