• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor I and Alert Monitor Servicing?

Kevin_CCR

Hi all,

Recently I was able to get my hands on two Minitor I's and an Alert Monitor. The two Minitor I's appear to work and the Alert Monitor seems to have a feedback problem with the speaker. Rather than static when pushing the reset button, you hear what almost sounds like feedback from a guitar amp. One problem is that they are all on 154.190mhz which is the frequency of the next county over. Where I live and volunteer uses 154.205mhz and I'd like to have them work on that frequency. Is there anyone that still works on the Minitor I's and Alert Monitors that would be able to recrystal them? I'm not too worried about tones as one of the Minitor I's looks to have been converted to take Minitor II tones and I have quite a few of those. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

trp2525

...Is there anyone that still works on the Minitor I's and Alert Monitors that would be able to recrystal them?...
I think you might be hard pressed to find someone to re-crystal your Minitor I pagers. UCC Wireless, located in St. Charles, MO and advertising as "USA's #1 Minitor repair facility" has the Minitor I very conspicuously missing from their Minitor repair page. They do have the Minitor II, III, IV, V and VI listed for a $109 Flat Rate repair.

Gerry, from G & G Communications located in LeRoy, NY, has the Minitor 1 (as well as the Minitor 3) on his no-repair list because of "Lack of reliability and repair parts." He may, however, be a very good choice for repair of your Alert Monitor as he does repair those for $40 plus parts plus shipping.

If you find yourself in need of a Minitor I housing refurb kit, there is currently an eBay seller that has 2 brand-new genuine Motorola OEM Minitor I housing refurb kits for sale for $49.00 each (plus $5 shipping). That is definitely a rare find these days as the original Minitor I is from the late 1970's/early 1980's.

Kevin_CCR

I think you might be hard pressed to find someone to re-crystal your Minitor I pagers. UCC Wireless, located in St. Charles, MO and advertising as "USA's #1 Minitor repair facility" has the Minitor I very conspicuously missing from their Minitor repair page. They do have the Minitor II, III, IV, V and VI listed for a $109 Flat Rate repair.

Gerry, from G & G Communications located in LeRoy, NY, has the Minitor 1 (as well as the Minitor 3) on his no-repair list because of "Lack of reliability and repair parts." He may, however, be a very good choice for repair of your Alert Monitor as he does repair those for $40 plus parts plus shipping.

If you find yourself in need of a Minitor I housing refurb kit, there is currently an eBay seller that has 2 brand-new genuine Motorola OEM Minitor I housing refurb kits for sale for $49.00 each (plus $5 shipping). That is definitely a rare find these days as the original Minitor I is from the late 1970's/early 1980's.
Thank you for the information! Luckily I was able to find a Minitor I and amplified charger on eBay last night that had the right crystal in it so hopefully that solves the Minitor I part. But that's good news about the Alert Monitor! I was thinking it would be the other way around where the Minitor would be easy to get serviced and I'd be hard pressed to find someone to service the Alert Monitor. I'll shoot Gerry an email and see if it's something he'd be interested in working on.

Thank you again!

Kevin

Kevin_CCR

Alright so I got in contact with Gerry at G & G Communications. He is able to repair the Alert Monitor but unfortunately he doesn't have the crystal in stock. He did say that a good company to buy the crystal from would be International Crystal Manufacturing though when I googled it said they are no longer in business. I tried calling the number listed and got the automated number has been disconnected message. Does anyone have any leads for an Alert Monitor crystal with the frequency of 154.205mhz? I'll be starting the hunt for one now so any help is much appreciated!

trp2525

Kevin_CCR