Moapa Tribal Police on SNACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick33

4A36 SNACC system is running in mixed mode analog and Astro IMBE digital. Nothing is P25 FDMA or TDMA which is on their other FULL digital P25 phase 1 and 2 system. Old school Astro digital is nothing like the newer versions of APCO Project 25

737mech

Premium Subscriber
4A36 SNACC system is running in mixed mode analog and Astro IMBE digital. Nothing is P25 FDMA or TDMA which is on their other FULL digital P25 phase 1 and 2 system. Old school Astro digital is nothing like the newer versions of APCO Project 25

Are you talking about this system Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC-Project 25) System Trunking System, Las Vegas, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies ? Do you have any more information about this system?
Also, do you think it should be posted in the forums to add the "Mixed mode ASTRO IMBE" to the compatibilities list for Digital scanners? Yes it is a digital signal and digital scanners should deal with that just fine however the different flavors of digital seem to be the topic of many discussions in the forums especially the new buyers questions trying to decide what scanner they should buy. Or maybe a footnote by the MOT II systems?
I was hoping someone with more technical info on the SNACC would post changes in the database as well to let users know part of the SNACC cannot be monitored by analog scanners. Thanks in advance if you are that guy?

bfperez

Premium Subscriber

No. He's referencing the original, heavily used, 3600 baud control channel, Motorola Smartzone SNACC system.

There's really only two "voices" that I'm aware that actually matter here:analog and IMBE digital.

Since Motorola's IMBE Astro is the same voice (not control channel) as P25, and I'm not aware of any currently produced scanner that supports any digital voices except the P25 (IMBE) voice, the only scanner/receiver (aside from actual system specific gear) that happens to decode these Astro IMBE digital signals on Smartzone systems is a P25 capable one.

Looking at how the wiki here details the supported voices for scanners, the SNACC system should be labeled as "Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface" replacing the current "Analog" now that there are some digital TGs on it.

My guess is these radios are a new stock intended/capable of being used on the upcoming X2-TDMA system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.