Montgomery County P25 improvements?

KR3E

Premium Subscriber
Over the past week, or so, there has been a definite improvement to the quality of all of the Montgomery County P25 talk-groups that I receive on my BCD436HP with a rubber ducky antenna in Gaithersburg. Transmissions had been breaking up since the system was turned on, I assume due to intermod interference between the TGs. But all have been solid, recently. Has there been a transmit site added or moved, or some sort of modification to the system itself?

Ed, KR3E

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I can't explain why receive conditions have improved for you except perhaps favorable atmospherics as nothing has changed system-wise AFAIK. You are using a radio that is not optimized for simulcast reception, so there's that data point. Talk groups are logical constructs so technically cannot interfere with each other.

KR3E

Premium Subscriber
I can't explain why receive conditions have improved for you except perhaps favorable atmospherics as nothing has changed system-wise AFAIK. You are using a radio that is not optimized for simulcast reception, so there's that data point. Talk groups are logical constructs so technically cannot interfere with each other.
Oh, I know the radio isn't optimized for simulcast reception, and I should have used that term rather than intermod. Anyway, I thought that it might just be atmospherics but was hoping that it was something more permanent. Strange, though, that it's been so much better for so long.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Chris0516

I lived in Washington Grove(just south of OTG) until 2019. Granted at the time I was using my 325p2(now I have a 436HP). Maybe it was the trees in the town, but. The MCPD, GCPD, and RCPD all seemed a little garbled back then. Even HCPD, and the MSP. I was using a Tri-Band antenna because it was good for aviation.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
There were hardware updates made on a few items on at least two sites. This update is being made on multiple systems and sites across the state.