• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTR2000 RSS Bandwidth selection 20-30k

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeMan2

When you program a MTR2000 for a wide channel, the only selection I see in the pull down is "20-30k". How does this work if you just want 25K? What is the actual bandwidth the MTR2000 uses for this selection?

My concern is that I want to program it to TX on wide band at 462.7250 (at 50W), but there is a business about 8 miles away that uses 462.7500 and I don't want to leak over and interfere with them. At 25k I will be fine, but what if the MTR2000 actuality uses 30K? I may still be fine, but I really don't want to interfere with them.

According to the FCC database they only have one freq (462.7500 @ 25W) and 25 pagers. I suspect it is just a paging system. I don't think I could interfere with that anyway, but....

I am used to various other vendor's software where you simply program "W" or "N" for a channel and that is it. Typically the channel spacing/bandwidth and deviation are related (ie narrow = 12.5kHz and 2.5kHz while and wide = 25kHz and 5kHz). The MTR2000 is a little confusing because it appears you can select the RX bandwidth independently of the TX deviation. Am I understanding the RSS correctly in that?

If that is the case, then does selecting 20-30k under Receive only mean that the receive bandwidth is that and as long as I set a Transmit deviation to 5000 Hz then my TX won't exceed 25kHz? This would mean that my TX at 462.7250 won't interfere with 462.7500, but if my RX is really as wide as 30kHz, I could get interference from channels 25kHz away?

Obviously the fact that you can select them independently and that the bandwidth under receive is a range confuses me as to what the MTR2000 actually will do.

Thanks

cmdrwill

" "20-30k"." is another way of displaying it in the software,. Remember radio people do NOT write the software, so called software developers do.

On UHF the "20-30k" will set the transmitters deviation to 5kHz which is what you want. The receiver will be set for 5kHz reception, again what you want.

On VHF there is a 4 kHZ setting, and that is what some called "20 kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.