Nassau County 5th/6th batt

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I'm listening on W2LIE for the Nassau east freqs which also hears stuff in the 5th and 6th, I have my radio set up to hear them as well, the info is correct, but I only hear it on W2LIE. It could be that I'm out of range, but I can hear Wantagh pretty well. Can anyone verify if the 5th and 6th batt stuff is still good?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm not going to disclose Phil's location but your in like Woodmere/Inwood and Phil is not. Phil has base antenna on his roof feeding the scanners he uses for the feeds and your using ht1250 or something with rubber ducks. Phil's reception will most likely be better with a rooftop antenna. Or, you have programming issues. Take your radio to an area you dont receive and spend a few hours and see if you receive.

I live in East Islip and can receive some Nassau depts 20 miles away and some NYPD even further but have lousy reception on West Islip fd, 2 towns away, or West Sayville, 2 towns the other way. All depends how much power the station is pushing and how high their antenna is.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like 90% of the posts this guy has made since he joined is about not being able to hear something. I suspect operator error or wonky programming is the cause of 90% of his issues.
It could also be that I’m not listening when they have calls. Remember my thread about Hewlett fd? I had the correct frequency and pl just they never had a call when I was listening. It took forever for me to hear it.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I'm not going to disclose Phil's location but your in like Woodmere/Inwood and Phil is not. Phil has base antenna on his roof feeding the scanners he uses for the feeds and your using ht1250 or something with rubber ducks. Phil's reception will most likely be better with a rooftop antenna.
That’s incorrect. I also have roof antennas for uniden scanners, CDMS, and XPRS

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Ok, so what antennas (make/model) are going to what scanners/radios?
I have two (99% sure) HAE 4011 antennas for the CDM and XPR and for the uniden scanner, it’s whatever antenna came with it. i don’t know what type

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok, you have 2 rooftop antenna. One is feeding the CDM and the other is feeding the XPR?

And to confirm, the Uniden is using the stock antenna? What Uniden model?

Have you tried hooking up a Uniden to the 4011 to see if it receives the dept?

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Ok, you have 2 rooftop antenna. One is feeding the CDM and the other is feeding the XPR?

And to confirm, the Uniden is using the stock antenna? What Uniden model?

Have you tried hooking up a Uniden to the 4011 to see if it receives the dept?
I have the uniden bcd536hp so whatever antenna came with it is what’s on it

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
t I only hear it on W2LIE. It could be that I'm out of range, but I can hear Wantagh pretty well. Can anyone verify if the 5th and 6th batt stuff is still good?

West Sayville's UHF repeater is in Oakdale, and I believe West Islip has a site on Good Sam. If you're hearing NYC and Nassau, you should be hearing them fine from East Islip. Strange!

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
So that’s probably the issue why I’m not receiving the 5th/6th. I’ll have to find a shorter way to run the coax to the roof.

Thanks all