Nebraska (Statewide) Wireless Interoperable Network "N-WIN"

Nelmrs

Otte says everyone involved, including Motorola, meet every week to get an update on how things are progressing, but he admits it has taken longer than expected to get everything up and going.

Perhaps the unusually snowy October in the west has slowed things down a bit.

starwtc, lets us know if any activity pops up out there during the terrorism exercises!

xmo

There are two key facts of note here:

"...Otte says the network still needs towers in the Kimball area and in Harrison. Otte did say that once they get connected on towers north of Sidney and near Oshkosh, they should be able to get most of the system operating...."

Fact 1 - there are two towers that are not ready yet.
Fact 2 - there are connectivity problems.

Now, if you read the RFP - you will see that the State took on responsibility for the tower work and the connectivity - so - questions about what's taking so long should be directed to Lincoln [OCIO]

starwtc

On the radio interview, the "plan" was to use a tower in Wy for the Kimball area but it had too many antennas on it already and not structurally sound so now they have to put their own up around Kimball most likely to the west on the higher terrain and as far as the one in Sidney, think it will be on the north side (about 2 miles north) don't know about the Harrison tower, they could use one that is already set for Sioux cnty that covers the northwest well.
Thought the $$$$$ issue was handled, if you sign off on a project the funds should be there!!!!

xmo

I think the delays are not so much budget related but are mostly due to the site and connectivity tasks being more complex than the State had planned.

The State developed adequate funds to deploy the system but I predict that site, connectivity, and frequency issues will continue to slow the project as the build-out moves East.

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
Throughout history, explorers and pioneers always started in the east and went west.
Doing things backwards has always been a hallmark of Nebraska government.

obijohn

Throughout history, explorers and pioneers always started in the east and went west.
Doing things backwards has always been a hallmark of Nebraska government.

Amen to that brother. (Can you hear the chorus singing "Amen" in the background?)

w5dac

NELMRS Base Freq, spacing, offset info?

Anyone know what the base freq, spacing and offset should be for the VHF sites?

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know what the base freq, spacing and offset should be for the VHF sites?
Don't need them for 25 systems. The scanner should automatically 'download' the info from the control channel of the system.

w5dac

NELMRS Base Freq, spacing, offset info?

Don't need them for 25 systems. The scanner should automatically 'download' the info from the control channel of the system.

Thanks for the reply KG4WHM!

OK, well you gotta love that!!!

Do you just program each channel in sequence (sort of like EDACS logical channel numbers) or can you do 'control channel' only programming?

All you need is the control channel. Program in the main and alternate control channels. Sometimes trunked systems change control channels for a variety of reasons. P25 is not dependent on LCN's to function properly unlike EDACS or LTR.

Last edited:

starwtc

I would like to let you know what I have confirmed on tower # and control freq.
130 156.2175 155.7975 Should be Angora
131 155.5050 Could be Chadron
132 155.5425 155.7225 Oshkosh or Garden cnty, (same area)
135 155.6925 Mitchell have not saw another control channel yet
138 155.8650 Might be Rushville, I caught this on skip one night

Three more freqs. that do not have data transmitted yet, 155.1375 155.4075 & 155.6625 are strongest in the south east panhandle. Hope someone is not just loading the data base with FCC files with out checking the area. No use making more work for someone than has to be.
One more item, system is not in use yet.
Ted

starwtc

It was worth the wait; NSP is live and well in the panhandle!!! This is the second full day of using the system, a few bugs but overall the sound is great. They are still jumping around talk groups and when all is finalized I will post them to data base. Heard two talk ID's from NPPD here (35XX) will post them when I get it nailed down.

SCPD

QRT
Sweet about time.
What do most of the NSP talkgroups start with?
Have you caught any radio IDs?

Last edited:

starwtc

NSP tg are 3xxx and a few 31xx. Last night dispatch was using 3033, during the day Thursday 3116, this morning 3119 so don't know why all the moves yet. Troops are using their same call signs as before. There are a few dead spots in different areas, could be radio issues or tower coverage, or just getting used to the system and knowing when to switch towers, it's being looked into. Ted

SCPD

QRT
So it looks like their talkgroups are fitting in with the Omaha side.
If your scanner can do this or if you are running and trunking decoding software. Can you list some radio IDs. I am wondering what some are.

GOLDENDOME

Control Frequency

Anyone have any contol channels for the Kimbill area. I can just bearly get Mitchell.
Thanks in advance

GOLDENDOME

Sidney Site

I live just west of Pine Bluffs, Wy Sidney is about 60 mile East, I just can not receive it. Kimball should be getting a site, I would think.
Thanks N7QJA