• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Need a new scanner.

I know that RR has a classifieds section listed for radios. But some of the feedback on sellers makes me weary to drop 500/600 American on a radio. There is no one posting from Canada. I am looking for a BCD436HP. There is one on Facebook market place and the guy has two ads. I questioned him about the ads and he says there were two radios. Sold one and now he has this one. Same price. And of course it's a 6 hour drive one way. So I don't want to have it shipped and get scammed. Anyone got one for sale let me know. So delete if not allowed but I don't know where else to post for one. Don't have my passport or else I would cross the border and buy a SDS100 tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Amazon Canada is the way to go with the $550 CAD price point!!! It's $434 USD on Amazon USA. With the conversion rate of the Canadian peso you are getting a decent deal. I just bought my first scanner in Canada last week (SDS100). I got it on sale for $800 CAD. At $650 in the USA I actually got a better deal in Canada. I have owned many scanners over the years including my most recent acquisitions (Uniden 436 and 536 and Whistler TRX-1), all purchased in the USA last summer. When I bought them they were much less expensive stateside. I didn't want a used SDS100. I wanted a recent serial number new in box unit. After brief price shopping I got a good deal in Canada for the first time.
Mike