• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Need help programming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickw96

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
3
Location
laguna Niguel, ca
#1
Ok I must be an idiot!!! I have read the manual and still can not figure it out.

I have a new BCT15. I downloaded and installed BCTool program and can connect to the scanner. I have downloaded the file (Moto7202 by Bneilson, Thanks!). Now what do I do???

Could someone just walk (baby steps) through the programming??? Or point me to a link that can walk me through.

Sorry I just don’t get it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
#2
Rickw96 said:
Ok I must be an idiot!!! I have read the manual and still can not figure it out.

I have a new BCT15. I downloaded and installed BCTool program and can connect to the scanner. I have downloaded the file (Moto7202 by Bneilson, Thanks!). Now what do I do???

Could someone just walk (baby steps) through the programming??? Or point me to a link that can walk me through.

Sorry I just don’t get it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick
It will help all if you let us know what state, county, town and system your trying to program.
 

Rickw96

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
3
Location
laguna Niguel, ca
#3
Hi Steve,

I am in Utah, Bountiful 84010. I am trying to load all the systems close to me (Salt lake City, Ogden, Bountiful etc.)
Thanks for any help

Rick
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
#4
Rickw96 said:
Hi Steve,

I am in Utah, Bountiful 84010. I am trying to load all the systems close to me (Salt lake City, Ogden, Bountiful etc.)
Thanks for any help

Rick
If this is the system your talking about, if your going to program by hand, you got allot of work ahead of you.
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
#5
I would think about getting a subscription to Radio Reference, use bctools, tools, RR, import system, thats if you have the programing cable, it sounds like you do from reading your messages. It would make life allot simpler. Or someone from Utah has a file for bctools that they will let you have for that system.
 
Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,284
Location
Kearns, Utah
#6
Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com,

Rickw96!

Please forgive us, Rickw96, for not answering sooner. Since it is a holiday weekend most of our members are traveling or are involved in other activities and may not yet have seen your plea for help. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with your scanner so I won't be any help other than to say that Highpockets is spot on when he suggested you get a Premium Subscription by paying the reasonable fee ($15 for 180 days/$30 for 360 days).

Right now, though, I would wait until bneilson sees this post because he is very good at this type of thing and you already have his file downloaded. You can also send him a Private Message (PM) which will automatically activate an email to him that he has a message waiting on the forum. Don't feel picked on because we all have had the same helpless feeling when trying to become acquainted with our scanners the first time. It seems they write their owner's manuals as if they expect you to have years of technical experience and understand everything they write.

In the meantime, would you return to your User CP and fill in the rest of your profile, especially the location, so we do not have to guess or try to remember where you are located. We have far too many members to do that and you have already been asked about that by Highpockets so you understand the reason.

Again, I apologize that I was not able to help, but I did want you to know your post has been seen, however your timing was not the best. Send a PM to bneilson, have patience, and once again, welcome.

Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, would you give us a little background? It would help if we knew how much experience you have, etc.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
855
Location
South Jordan, Utah
#7
I'm Back

Sorry guys... I have been out of the country without access to the net so... I am back now...

So I believe the Moto7202 file is for unitrunker. It would be interesting to use that file to program but it might be doable.

Rickw96 can you tell me what post you got that file off of so I can better determine what the file is?
 

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,284
Location
Kearns, Utah
#9
Highpockets said:
Rickw96 is in good hands now, you guys will have him where he wants to be in no time, excellent members and help in this forum!
Thanks for jumping in when you did, Highpockets. Helping each other is what this forum is all about.

I'm a Vietnam Vet, also, and from one vet to another, Yo Bro! Thanks!
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
#10
qlajlu said:
Thanks for jumping in when you did, Highpockets. Helping each other is what this forum is all about.

I'm a Vietnam Vet, also, and from one vet to another, Yo Bro! Thanks!
I'm ready to give Iraq a shot, does our military have a senior section. :)
 

Rickw96

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
3
Location
laguna Niguel, ca
#12
This is a great turn out, you guys are the best!!! I feel like such an idiot. I can program my VCR to stop the 12:00 from flashing all the time you would think I could handle the scanner?

Bneilson: Thanks for getting back on this post so quick. I used your post "Radio IDs" for the file. Not sure if that is the correct one to use???

Steve: Thanks also! I was in Desert Storm (the first one). I was in the UAE with the 419th tactical fighter wing.

Thanks
Rick
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
#13
Rickw96 said:
This is a great turn out, you guys are the best!!! I feel like such an idiot. I can program my VCR to stop the 12:00 from flashing all the time you would think I could handle the scanner?

Bneilson: Thanks for getting back on this post so quick. I used your post "Radio IDs" for the file. Not sure if that is the correct one to use???

Steve: Thanks also! I was in Desert Storm (the first one). I was in the UAE with the 419th tactical fighter wing.

Thanks
Rick
Thanks for serving your Country, once a brother, always a brother! :) Great crew here!!!
 

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,284
Location
Kearns, Utah
#14
Rickw96 said:
This is a great turn out, you guys are the best!!! I feel like such an idiot. I can program my VCR to stop the 12:00 from flashing all the time you would think I could handle the scanner? ...

Steve: Thanks also! I was in Desert Storm (the first one). I was in the UAE with the 419th tactical fighter wing.

Thanks
Rick
Wow! Another Vet! Welcome Home! ...and thanks. One vet to another ...Yo Bro!

Now, hang in there because I'm sure bneilson will be right along. I just had to get the greeting for a vet in there.

Oh, and thanks for filling in your location...although you can delete the zip code if you want...and remember to check back here often. You should now be set up to receive an e-mail whenever anyone replies to this thread. It comes with the territory...you know, automatic notification.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top