need medevac help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

special attn: philacop. i just heard cooper 1 communicating with monoc control on the monoc north helicopter frequency. landing at millville . also told remcs.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Cooper-1 has an odd arrangement. Last I checked, the helo is leased from and pilot works for PHI Air Medical. The medical crew is Atlantic Health. Dispatch is REMCS on JEMSTAR South. And medical control/operations management is MONOC.

CommJunkie

Cooper-1 has an odd arrangement. Last I checked, the helo is leased from and pilot works for PHI Air Medical. The medical crew is Atlantic Health. Dispatch is REMCS on JEMSTAR South. And medical control/operations management is MONOC.

I had heard that they severed ties with Atlantic Health and are providing their own nurses/medics now. They have their own trauma center and are affiliated with someone to provide education, two of the requirements to provide HEMS services to the state. Cooper also tried to take over Camden City ALS to no avail.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Thanks pdfdems !!!
That cooper one is something else when it comes to flight following .. Communicating on a repeater up in central NJ and landing in Millville ! Again you would think they would have something down deeper in south Jersey to use as they cover much south to Cape May. What a repeater monoc must have to cover all of Southern New Jersey!

CommJunkie

Thanks pdfdems !!!
That cooper one is something else when it comes to flight following .. Communicating on a repeater up in central NJ and landing in Millville ! Again you would think they would have something down deeper in south Jersey to use as they cover much south to Cape May. What a repeater monoc must have to cover all of Southern New Jersey!

Don't forget, when you're 1000 feet in the air, your transmit/receive range is much farther than if you were on the ground.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Cooper 1 is using the TRBOCOM System on TG 3111 and are communicating with "control" and Cooper Trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.