• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Need your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffoli

Three times recently the 3 boxes I run the OddcastV3 software on have done a total shutdown as if someone had told them to do this. I have made sure that all the automatic updates are turned off and have also checked the power settings to make sure nothing shuts down. I have other boxes on my network and none of them have had this happen. Has anyone else experienced this? Also I manually do my virus definition updates so I don't believe this is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.