New CHP Extender Channel Assignments

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Picking up SD Office (87) units on the EV-20 alternate overnight...their APX's speakers were bleeping and booping a lot more than I remeember for some reason, and the old extender channel was not active. Do the officers need to select a specific channel on their handheld for use with the EV-20...assuming there is no active channel steering taking place.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I was not paying attention, but it was whatever used to be tagged alternate in the RRDB, as that is what I have NAC in the scanner which was receiving the transmissions. Will confirm later tonight.

Paul

officer_415

Database Admin
I was not paying attention, but it was whatever used to be tagged alternate in the RRDB, as that is what I have NAC in the scanner which was receiving the transmissions. Will confirm later tonight.

I would be surprised if that’s the case. The NACs formerly listed as alternate in the DB were for the old CPVE extenders and were not typically used.

The new EV-20 extenders seem to be using NAC EE6 statewide, but I’m trying to confirm in more areas before listing it in the DB.