New England MilAir logs & recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not so uncommon to hear foreign air forces doing training and practicing here in the States (although given the German's sensitivity to WW2 issues, you would think that the name of their air force would have changed...).

Mike

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
Were they here in New England? Or did you just hear them from Germany? And what state are you from?

I'm just outside of Boston. They were passing through, not sure if they're transporting a VIP, or heading to some training, or who knows? So far today we've had the Belgian AF and British Royal Air Force come through New England.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I'm just outside of Boston. They were passing through, not sure if they're transporting a VIP, or heading to some training, or who knows? So far today we've had the Belgian AF and British Royal Air Force come through New England.

Thats interesting,is there a certain set of freqs that they (foreign air forces) use here in the states,New England to be exact? Or does it always differ?

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
Thats interesting,is there a certain set of freqs that they (foreign air forces) use here in the states,New England to be exact? Or does it always differ?

They use the same air traffic control frequencies as everyone else does.

Cool!

Thanks! Here's the Thursday edition, complete with a MA ANG F-15 headed to Georgia, a B-1, and a rare Aussie C-17. Unfortunately I didn't catch the LN F-15's that the BOBBY's were up to refuel.

Air Logs, 24JAN2013 | AlertNewEngland

I don't monitor MilAir, but FWIW, walking out the door at around 1500z ish I saw -and heard the roar - (4) F-15's(?) headed due North toward Hartford, CT (KHFD) with nice contrails.

Sound familiar?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Do you post the milair freqs where you heard all these aircraft?

AlertNewEngland

Premium Subscriber
Usually, yes, there is a 'remarks' field all the way on the right where I'll note that. I pick up more on Mode S than I do on the radio, though, so many of them won't have a frequency listed.

Here's today's version covering 04FEB, I've highlighted in red everything that was picked up on the scanners:
Air Logs, 04FEB2013 | AlertNewEngland

Highlights are probably Israelis, Swedes, a flight of RAIDER KC-130's, and a 'FEST' plane doing some training (it's not everyday you hear a 757 refueling mid-air).

Status
Not open for further replies.